Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Balding rapidly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kal_youssef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kal_youssef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Balding rapidly
    Posted: July 26 2005 at 3:20am

Good morning / evening

My name is kal and i just wanted to say hi and share my balding experience as well maybe someone knows how to advise me as to what my next step is.

ive been losing my hair for 3 yrs now and i dont understand why. My dad is not bold my uncles have lots alot of their hair but arent completely bold. I live in a very hot and humid region could it be the heat? i have noticed that my scalp is very oily and so i bought the T Gel shampoo to try and remove the excess oil and see if my hair starts growing back but so far no luck. I have tried revivogen, nisim, and i have bought the hairboutique products but i still dont think its gonna work. So i need advise please anyone i dont want to lose my hair and i wont allow myself to lose it but its going :) so any advise would be greatly appreciated. Im 27 and im medium built.

thanks again

kal

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 6:49am
I believe it's your mother's brothers you have to look at to see if you are likely to get the genes for it (if these are the uncles you are referring to).  I can't help you with products, but I have heard that massaging your scalp daily can do wonders for helping to keep what you have.  I have no experience with male pattern baldnesss, so I don't know how helpful it would be, but it couldn't hurt to try.  
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
kal_youssef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kal_youssef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 6:54am

Hi Susan

actually my uncles are one in my dad's side and one in my mother's side all my other uncles from my moms side have all their hair.

So adding oils or anything else to my scalp wont do anything? Ive tried jojoba oil but now my scalp is oily but im washing it with mineral water.

So what to do now?

thanks

kal

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 7:10am
Most people don't use jojoba on the scalp...it is used more for oiling longer hair from the ears down - though I have heard at least one person say they used it on the scalp and liked the results, most don't and find it too oily.  I've never heard of adding oils to the scalp helping with hair loss, the best thing people talk about is the massage. 

To improve the scalp's condition, many of us here dilute our shampoo with water 50/50 or more - make in a new bottle, a little at a time so it keeps, and roll the bottle to mix it, don't shake.  (This helps reduce the scalp's dryness/flakiness by avoiding overcleaning from overconcentrated shampoo, and at the same time reduces the scalp's over-oilyness because the scalp adjusts to not being "overcleaned" and stops producing as much oil).

As far as anything else you can add to the scalp to help, like I said, I'm not familiar with revivigen and those other things - you may find more answers to this question on the Hair Loss area of this forum. 

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic