Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Would this be hard?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nickp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would this be hard?
    Posted: August 04 2005 at 4:17pm

Hi guys, i have naturally very dark hair as you can see in the pic below and i was thinking of going for something slightly different, check out the other pic..

ive never really coloured my hair in a hairdresser, would this be difficult?

and this is what im going for

Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 1:26am
thats just highlights. a stylist should be able to do this easily

learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 5:43am
i agree, its highlights what you need.
ilovedoublea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovedoublea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 12:10pm
Hi NickP-If your hair is Virgin hair-no articial color added, you can easily do it yourself to save money OR go to a beauty school (they have hair instructors helping at all times) it would save you lots of money!Just to let you know
www.JoBugJewelry.com
nickp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 12:25pm
Yeh but i was thinking that his base colour is like brown isnt it..and then he's highlighed that..where as i have all black hair..wont that make a difference?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovedoublea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 12:29pm

not really because you would just leave the bleach on longer for yours and if its too blonde you can put a toner on it

Edited by ilovedoublea
www.JoBugJewelry.com
nickp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 12:58pm
yah i figured that but i mean, i like the base colour as well..so what im asking, is...will i have to dye it brown..and then highlight on separate days? like a two step process? hence my original question..would it be difficult?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovedoublea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 2:01pm

Bryan seems to know what he is talking about so take his advice, he was saying no to something I wrote that I heard you could do.

Edited by ilovedoublea
www.JoBugJewelry.com
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 7:03pm
no, no dont do that. have the salon lift the base color to a rich chocolate brown. then do the highlights over that. since you have virgin hair, this will be very easy for the stylist to do. there is no reason that this should be done on two seperate days.
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
ashleyxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashleyxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 9:09pm
yes i agree if you want color identical to that follow bryans advise, however i do not think you should try this because once your roots start showing which they will soon you will have three different shades in your hair, unless you are going for this look i think high lighting it would be the best decision
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 9:42pm
ahsley makes a good point. if your not prepared to do the up keep of the chocolate brown base color, then just do the highlights. its much easier to keep up with the highlights. the base color would need to be touched up by the salon every 4-6 weeks, and the roots would need to be highlighted every 3-4 color applications. its going to be alot of upkeep to match this look exactly. thanks ashley for bringing up this point.
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by nickp nickp wrote:

Hi guys, i have naturally very dark hair as you can see in the pic below and i was thinking of going for something slightly different, check out the other pic..

ive never really coloured my hair in a hairdresser, would this be difficult?

and this is what im going for

If you'venever colored ur hair, get a highlighting kit at the drug store. Simple, easy and safe to use the first time.
~* Bambi Lee *~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic