Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alyson Hannigan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
alex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alyson Hannigan
    Posted: August 10 2005 at 5:24am

Wow, i just saw some shots from July of Alyson Hannigan with at least bra strap length hair, styled in large curls. She looks sensational. Of course it's extensions since only in May she had a short layered bob thingy. But it still looks great.

Alex

Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2005 at 8:43am
Link or site name please?
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2005 at 8:59am
Think this refers to the latest images on Getty.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2005 at 12:49pm
Wow I have to look it up.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2005 at 12:54pm

Originally posted by Mike46019 Mike46019 wrote:

Or you could just go back a couple of pages on the board... http://www.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=33209& amp;PN=3

On an unrelated note, anyone else find it ironic that I've been on the board since 2000 and am just a groupie while Mike and FatMoogas are senior members?  I guess I need to start posting "I agree" a lot more.

Tongue firmly planted in cheek,

JF

3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2005 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by JerkyFlea JerkyFlea wrote:

Originally posted by Mike46019 Mike46019 wrote:

Or you could just go back a couple of pages on the board... http://www.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=33209& amp; amp;PN=3

On an unrelated note, anyone else find it ironic that I've been on the board since 2000 and am just a groupie while Mike and FatMoogas are senior members?  I guess I need to start posting "I agree" a lot more.

JF

Or start creating posts about every obscure talking head or Italian actress you come across.
rardman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2005 at 2:14pm

That is interesting. Since we have brought up your history here, I would just like to say that I still miss "Celebrity Hairspray". I always looked forward to the new ones, and appreciated the style, content, and wit of each one. I truly was a big fan of your efforts. That being said, I do think it's a tad lame that you're a "groupie" now, but I suppose you can think of it is a worthless label. I mean, even I was a "Senior Member" until recentlly. Cheers!

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2005 at 3:31pm

JF hasn't posted for so long that I actually thought he'd left the board! Perhaps this is the other extreme to "I agree". I seem to remember that there was some exchange of a negative nature between JF and Hal on the one side and Beach Blonde on the other that left her quite upset and requesting them not to post on that thread anymore. Since that time, I think I have seen only two posts from JF. Perhaps he felt some disillusionment at that time, as he was rather unfairly lumped together with Hal who was actually the one that really upset Beach Blonde and created the problem (of course, Hal was never famed for his pleasantness or tact).

I regret this as, like Rardman, I always enjoyed JFs column. Is he still too busy to write it, or is it surplus to requirements at HB? Anyway, I for one would have no problem with the idea of JF being made a permanent Senior Member on the board, irrespective of the number of posts he makes. On the other hand, perhaps Rardman is correct and it is hardly very important anyhow. The board merely generates 'Senior Members' according to the data entered by the administrators. Certainly, requirements for senior membership do seem to have been changing around a lot lately. I'm not even sure how it's worked out, as some people with 300+ posts are showing up as Senior Members, while others like JF are still Groupies (at least it was like this until a few days ago--I haven't checked since then).

Just a thought for Loveitshort before I finish. Is there anything wrong with making posts on talking heads from Sky and personalities from other countries? The fact that Loveitshort hasn't heard of them doesn't mean that they are 'obscure'. We are not only concerned here with the latest news on American personalities (that was JFs column, remember?). This is the HairTalk board and we can deal with whatever we like. Perhaps Loveitshort's real grouse can be intimated from his name. Most of these posts are about women with beautiful long hair and I guess Loveitshort can hardly be expected to appreciate that.

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2005 at 7:20pm

JF

Hi JF,

Obviously the classification is dependent only on the number of posts - not the elapsed time since joining, or any combination of the two.  I don't know that the board software permits sophisticated classification methods.  Also, I recall reading a post just the other day in which someone expressed a concern about the board software graduating members to what seemed like higher ratings at (what was to them) a relatively low number of posts.  Based on several comments received, I would surmise that the thresholds were just changed.

Edited by DaveDecker
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2005 at 7:38am
On an unrelated note, anyone else find it ironic that I've been on the board since 2000 and am just a groupie while Mike and FatMoogas are senior members? I guess I need to start posting "I agree" a lot more.

Hey JF I missed your news page you used to do also. I was there everytime you did a update. Heck There are times I feel "I agree"is needed. There are times I can't find anything to post to. I hope you can someday do one of your Hairspray reaports I should do miss them.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2005 at 6:27pm
I don't know what to make of the latest post.  Mike46019 said:

"...anyone else find it ironic that I've been on the board since 2000 and am just a groupie while Mike and FatMoogas are senior members?"

Q: Are you referring to another member named Mike who frequently posts on the Celebs board, and who would that be if not yourself?

Q: Why do you state that your status is "groupie" when your post count is shown as 697 and your status is "Senior Member?"

Puzzled.
Joey99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joey99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2005 at 6:45pm
I think Mike was quoting JF's post but didn't actually use "quotes"!  The second paragraph is his response...
"Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale."
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2005 at 8:03am
Joey 99 got it right sorry about that.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2005 at 9:31am
Thanks Joey.  I shoulda figured it out.  But I didn't.  
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2005 at 10:55am
I am glad she is growing it back long.  I think she looked great in Buffy and I love the color.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2005 at 11:15pm
Red is hard to find on TV. When you do it's nice to see.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 10:46am

Just saw a commercial on CBS for a new show this fall called "How I Met Your Mother" in which she stars.  She's sporting one of those choppy do's that looks real messy.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/how_i_met_your_mother/

HAWG
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 1:33pm
Well it could have been made when she had it short. Or the pics we have from Getty she has Fake hair on. Or just grew it out after the show was made.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2005 at 2:17pm
The Getty images are fake hair for sure...but the 'do' in Hawg's link looks old too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic