Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vicky’s hair journey

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vicky’s hair journey
    Posted: August 11 2005 at 4:35pm
A little about my self;

My name is Weronika, Im 21 years old.
I live in a little cold country called Sweden in Stockholm.
At the moment I am a student, but I can't decide what Im going to acctually "be" when Im finiched 
I live with my bf who Ive been together with for 5 years now, we have a  spoilt percian cat called Boumi.
Sometimes i think i have a split personality when it comes to hair and clothes. I can se someone with a certain color or leanth and I'll want to have that aswell. Normaly I would have used that as inspiration and "alter" my appearence (Im having a hard time explaining, do you know what I mean?)

Now I have come to terms with how I look and I have stopped wanting to look different and like other people.
I keep telling my self that;
I am unique and I am fine just the way I am.

It might sound like I don't have a lot of confidence in my self but I do, that's not the problem for me. The problem for me was that it became an addiction, changing all the time and looking like I feelt at the moment. Im glad that this peroid is over in my life

Reasons for starting this journal is to keep reminding my self that I have to be patient and to take better care of my hair and my self.

Alittle hair history;
My hair is really thick and has a slite bodywave 1b/1c iii.
My natural color is dark ash blonde/ light ash brown.
I have had every haircolor possible and every lenth from tailbone to a short bob.
I have come to the point where im ready to go all natural again. Im tried of having damaged hair and having a color that is either are to dark or to light for me.
What I want now is to grow it long. Currant lenth Bsl.
I have some layers left in my hair but I am trying to get rid of them by growning them out and trimming. Nothing extreme going on here at the moment
My hair is however abit dry after alot of abuse. No split ends though

Products;
At the moment Im using V05, both shampoo and conditioner.
I am trying different things like cocoa milk and putting honey in with my conditioner.
I am also using Loreals leave in conditioner.

I want to buy some hairsticks. I have found alot of online shops but being a student I moastly dream away when looking at all the hair toys

Goals;
My currant leanth is Bsl.
My both short and long term goal is waist lenth.

What I really want is to have healthy hair, so what I'll do is keep trimming it from weistleanth until its shining of health. Then I'll think about where Im going from there

For those of you wondering Im growing out colored hair and to me that can never be as healthy as "virgin hair".

I'm going to try to post some progress pics

Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2005 at 4:47pm
Here is an old picture where i have not brusched my hair proparly . The top black line is where I had it cut to get rid of some layers. And somewhere around the bottom line is where it is now.

When I look in the mirror it looks like its grown to Bsl, I'll have to take a pic to really find out

The lighting is quite bad. My currant color is not this dark, its light brown now.

Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2005 at 4:49pm
This is a pic of the color i have at the moment

Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2005 at 2:09am
Here is one from yesterday. Showered and have let the hair dryed without combing or brusching.

Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2005 at 4:57pm
I am trying to find different ways of banishing the dryness from my hair. So far I have found a few things that are worth trying;

* Conditioner with honey, and I mean alot of honey. It seams that my hair is getting better everytime I try this.
I do shampoo my scalp then put the honey mixture on, rinse and then put some more conditioner on.

* Camomille tea. Sounds really weird right? Well here is how it works;
Boil water and pour it into a half full glass with one or two camomille tea. Leave it for 10 minutes and then pour it into a scwerty (spelling?) bottle and put in the frige. When cold it is ready to use as a leave in conditioner. Leave to dry after putting on hair (I put it on after showers when hair is wet) Then combe out. Makes my hair feel great, don't know if this works for everyone. And no I dont use it to try and bleach my hair *Lol*

I tried hot oil treatments and cocoamilk but i didnt think any of them made a real difference.

I want to try the AVC rinse, I just have to get some AVC

Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2005 at 9:16am
I have tried CO but I just coulnt stand how greasy my scalp became.
I haven't given up yet, I am going to try C-CWC-C instead.
I am only washing my scalp with shampoo and not the leanth at the moment. Then I condition-rinse of and condition again. This has helped alot with the dry ends.
I would also like to try jojoba oil but I dont know where to find it here...

Summer is over, it is getting colder every day. It's almost to cold to take the motorcykle anywhere. And no Im not the one driving, my BF is the one with the lisence.

Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 4:22am
Last night I tried claryfying. I used bakingsoda and shampoo, and I am supprised to see the difference it made.
It's sofer than I can remember it being for a very long time.
I will definatly continue doing this

School has started again and I just can't get on with it. I come home everyday knowing that I have alot of homework but I just can't motivate myself anymore. I don't know what to do..

Bomi (the cat) is doing what he does everyday, just roll around on the table and sleep. I sometimes which my life was as uncomplicated as his.

Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2005 at 4:21pm
Well I have got some new pics, one of them is my new avatar.
My percian cat Boumi rolling around

Edited by Vicky
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic