Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hi new here

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lilly1975 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilly1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hi new here
    Posted: August 15 2005 at 10:04pm

hi All,

i am new here. my name is lilly and i have been obsessed with my hair all my life. It was my pride and joy until recently i made the worst mistake and went to an unknown stylist at a very pricey salon only to come home with exactly what i didnt want. My bra strap length hair breaking off two inches from my scalp in the areas where the stylist left bleach on for too long and gave me blonde chunks i never asked for.

any how so glad to have found this site,it is absolutley life saving.I have been lurking for about a month and wanted to intro myself before asking a question.

thanks,

lilly

dolcecasa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dolcecasa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 10:17pm
Welcome Lilly,
Oh my, sorry to hear of the disaster at the salon.
You will find encouragement here! How much damage is there actually?, lots of chunks or just a few?. Wow that must have been some harsh lightening chemicals!
Im sure others have had this happen, me?, NO! sorry! Hang in there and you will get advice, what is your
question now that youve introduced yourself?
Dolcecasa
dolcecasa!
lilly1975 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilly1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2005 at 10:23pm

hi dolce,

he used 40-volume aveda bleach on my head and i am questioning if aveda advises using heat because he left me under the dryer for

45+ minutes and never checked on me. I am getting ready

to file a complaint against him. My hair is breaking all the way around

my crown where he put the blonde chunks,nothing helped,i tried

CAT, joico reconstrutor, hair is fried and gone. I had to dye it all dark brown and i lost more than 4 inches in length to try to get my length to look like it blended with the breakage peieces and choppy layers he cut to cover up his mistake.

dolcecasa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dolcecasa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 5:43pm
Hey Lilly,
I dont know about Aveda using heat, I know I did have
some highlights one time and she sat me under the dryer too, and it dried my hair also, but, no breakage. What a bummer. I hope it all works out for you and this guy
gets in trouble! How long is your hair now that you cut
it 4 in.? Just baby it and it will grow back...thats the
good thing about hair!
Dolce
dolcecasa!
lilly1975 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilly1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2005 at 9:50pm

hi, its now just past my shoulders and it just doesnt feel long anymore. I am just sick to death over this because i have been dealing with the salon for a month to get my full refund and to get the info i need to file a complaint. I want it to be over with but i also want to make sure this guy knows who he messed with.  He is blaming me and that just lights a fire under my butt.

anyways, i am babying the heck out of it. no washing it except for about two times a week with a very hydrating shampoo and protein masques once a week and deep conditioning with my shampoo and protein treatments. i am just so sad the condition is like frazzled looking hair. all torked and weird looking. Luckily he didnt touch the length with color and so i have good hair where he didnt touch it.

thanks for your insight,

lilly

LoVeLyLiNdSaY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoVeLyLiNdSaY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2005 at 12:36pm
hi lilly! it sucks what happened at the salon. i've never been to a salon and that is exactly why. i have either done it myself or had my mom do it (which she used to be a stylist but she quit a few years ago).. I'm thinking about hair extensions for a new look for college, but i don't know about it... anyway- just wanted to say hey!! :)
-:|:- LoVeLyLiNdSaY -:|:-
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic