Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blending New Root Growth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
krismall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krismall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blending New Root Growth
    Posted: August 20 2005 at 12:29am
Hey everyone.  

First post, but I have been reading here awhile.   I have looked at the forum about blending root growth, but every situation is different so I wanted some of yall's opinions.

Ok,  My hair is like a dark blonde and lighter naturally in front.  Always been lighter in front.  Highlights turn reddish/orangish in back and beautiful blonde in front.  Well I decided to dye my hair with Feria Blonde Chiffon (med blonde).  It came out very nice.  A little reddish, but it faded and looks real nice.  However its been 5/6 weeks and my roots are showing.  NOt bad, but still.  They are darker in the back.  the shade difference between the 2 is that the haircolor is orangish compared to my darker natural roots.  I really dont want to re dye with a perm. color.  Id like to blend it maybe with a toner .. if this will work.  I understand a violet/blue base will tone the orange colors.

Could someone please give me some ideas and opinions about this.  Possibly with the color toner I should use.  I dont mind going a shade darker to blend .. it will fade some.  When it does fade, will the color difference still be there, or will it have been toned down some.

I cannot determine the natural color of my hair.  The front parts from my crown to my ears always has been lighter since birth .. kind of like a natural highlight birthmark ... hehe.  and the back is darker.  Im guessing and say a med to dark blonde.  It seems to get darker as I get older.

I hope I made myself clear, its late and I have been reading a lot. 

Thanks !

Kristy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic