Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aubergine’s Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aubergine’s Hair
    Posted: August 23 2005 at 10:38am
My hair history 1988-2005:

I was born in the November of 1988, almost bald, but I did have strands of mousy blonde hair.

Up to the age of 2, I had a wavy bob which was a very light brown colour, with lots of blonde bits in.

At 3+ my hair went dramatically lighter, almost white blonde, it was really long and ringlety, and very thick.

At the age of 5 my hair was still light but more yellowy, and I cut my own fringe with textile shears the day before I started infant school :D Haha, it was appaulling!  I looked stupid for months!

Through infant school (up to the age of 11)  I had a series of very short bobs, grown out bobs, and eventually wavy shoulder length light blonde hair (still very thick).

When I started secondary school I decided to grow my fringe out completely because it was too thick.  I also grew my hair really long, had layers put in at the sides, straightened it every day and wore it up most of the time.
In year 9 (I was 14) lots of my friends had started highlighting and dying their hair, but my mum wouldn't let me (she loved my light blonde hair.)  So instead I changed my style of hair differently every day, I liked doing that, it was so long!

Eventually in Year 10 (I was 15) my mum gave in and let me dye my temporary brown/red - it went pink!!!  So after that I dyed my hair semi-perm light brown...it went orange!!! ARG!! 
After much horribleness, I dyed my hair with permanent dye (light brown) and I adored it.  It was so rich and multi-tonal, my hair was so shiny.
But yes, roots were a problem.  I ended up going darker and darker for the next 2 years...just for the novelty.  I went to cappuccino, and my hair turned out almost black...so after I dyed it blue/black.  That too was absolutely gorgeous.  No one else I knew had blue hair, and I did!  It was amazing!

I've tried to dye over it since: dark brown, black/red, black/brown, violet....but nothing touches my length, only my roots. 
Currently I'm stuck with shoulder length, straight, thick, faded-black hair, with purple roots!
I hope to bleach it soon (for the 1st time) so that I can dye it a funky Ultra Violet Brown for college in September.  Wish me luck!

Edited by aubergine
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2005 at 6:30am

Hello again.  I got my GCSE results yesterday:

English Language - A*
English Literature - A
Double Award Science - AA
Spanish - A
Art & Design - A
Geography - A
Religious Education - A
Maths - B
Double Award ICT - BB
Biology - B
Chemistry - B
Physics - C

So that means I got into my desired college with flying colours!  Yay!

An update on my hair is that I'll be getting it bleached sometime next week - I'll let you know how it all goes!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic