Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gray Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
opiela_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opiela_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gray Hair
    Posted: September 03 2005 at 1:31pm

Hello everyone,  glad to have found this site.  I am hoping that I can get some help or infor.  I have gray hair only about 25 % gray.  Gray is around the edges.  It is very resistant to color.  Does anyone know of a product that will color resistant gray hair that will last longer than a day.  I had gone yesterday to salon and had a permanent color.  I can see that some of the gray did not take. 

HELP

Jackie
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 1:46pm

Hi,

Welcome.  Gray hair is notoriously stubborn and the secret is that the cuticle doesn't open and thus any color that is applied "sits" on top of the strands rather than soaking into the cortex.  Therefore it basically washes right off in no time.

One option is to "pretreat" the grays with a peroxide mix that opens the cuticle and allows for the color to penetrate and thus last longer.

Check out this article where Henry Amador explains how he handles gray:
http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip1120.htm

There are other options as well but Henry has great luck with pretreating gray.

Good luck and visit us often.

Karen

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
LoVeLyLiNdSaY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoVeLyLiNdSaY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2005 at 2:09pm
i think i saw this new stuff at Sally's Beauty Supply and it's specifically made for gray's if i'm not mistaken. it goes all over your head. and they also have "gray touch-ups" there too. i believe they have it at walmart too.. you just comb it right through, let it process and its done. very inexpesive too, which is good. i hope it helped some..
-:|:- LoVeLyLiNdSaY -:|:-
ThAbAdDeStBaBy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThAbAdDeStBaBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2005 at 8:05pm
I heard a lot of ppl say that Bigen Haircolor works great for gray hair, heres a pic, you can get it at any BSS, and some drugstores as well. HTH
ThAbAdDeStBaBy
http://public.fotki.com/ThAbAdDeStBaBy3
Hair Goal: BSL by late 2007-early 2008
Hair now: net weave w/EP-RT

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic