Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Will this work?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LorenDiane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LorenDiane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will this work?
    Posted: September 08 2005 at 6:01pm
I am desperate for some ideas pleazzzze!    Ok, so I have taken my formerly black hair gradually to blonde. It is dryish but not fried. I am a brassy yellowy blonde now, with med. brown roots. YUCK! How can I get to a beigey platinum, without more highlites! Can I do like a level 10 lightest blonde all over with 30 vol.? Does that make sense. Would that work?? Thanks!
Loren
swede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 7:48am

I'd actually suggets going for 10 or 20 vol, since your hair probably is in bad condition by now, and you should avoid to overfry it.

I think you should do 2 bleachings, one to bleach the roots to pale yellow for that you may use 20 or 30 vol. You don't have to get a new bottle of developer if you need lower volume, you could just dilute it with shampoo and than you can get any volume developer you want.

And other bleaching to balance the rest of the hair and make it pale yellow (you need to get to pale yellow, or otherwise you won't be able to get platinum blonde) For that I'd actually suggest 10 vol developer or soapcap, because you need control.

For toning I'd suggest using an acidic toner to minimize damage, since I'm afraid your hair quality won't be so good, and acidic toner actually makes the hair less porous and make the hair hold the toner even better. Goldwell Colorance is great for toning.

http://www.sleekhair.com/3133.html

shades 10N (neutral base) 10B (beige base) 10P (violet base)

I think you could go for any of those shades.

good luck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LorenDiane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 4:49pm
So I should use 10 volume on the ends? Will that bring up the level at all though?
swede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2005 at 4:50am

I presume, that your hair is close to pale yellow now..

You could also go for 20 vol, but you know bleached porous hair process much faster than virgin hair, so that's why it's wise to take it slow. Cause if you lighten too much the hair may brake, by using 10 vol you get a lot of time to do the application and minimize the risk of the hair breaking.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LorenDiane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2005 at 3:51pm
IT is a pale yellow in some areas and some are more orange - gold. I did tone it with beige so that I could go out in public until I fix it! LOL
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2005 at 7:35am

Well for Volume of Developer lets see.....

10 vol - Used to tone the hair overall to same color

20 vol - Used to get 1 level of lift

30 vol - Used to get 2 levels of lift

40 vol - Used to get 3 levels of lift. Anymore levels of lift you'd need to add bleach or a booster or blonding cream to get an extra level or 2 of lift.

The stronger the developer the more harsh it is on the hair.

Edited by Claude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LorenDiane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2005 at 11:53am
Thank you!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic