Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How short would I need to go

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lorna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How short would I need to go
    Posted: September 28 2005 at 9:20am

Hiya!

I am a girl with thick curly hair- already quite short and difficult to control. Just wondering how short would I need to cut it to quash the curl?

Lawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 3:22pm
Hi my name is Lorna too. God this is cool I only know one other Lorna who is my best friend and what a coincidence my hair is really thick and curly and about 5 months ago I have it cut short into a bob. The reason why I cut mine short is that the curls were starting to disappear and I love my curls. Well when I had it cut short my hair just went wavy. I had mine cut to chin length so maybe that would work for you?
Lorna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2005 at 6:35am
Mine is about ear length at the moment, and uncontrolable! Thinking about pixing it, but a bit scared! Cool that you're a Lorna as well!!!
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2005 at 12:51pm
Lorna, actually shortness is what's causing that uncontrollable curl in the first place. You'd actually need to grow it longer or cut off any real "Length".
DarkHelmet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkHelmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 1:27am
You cold get a buzz cut,that would sqwash the curls so to speak
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2005 at 6:26am

A lot of people's hair just gets curlier if it's shorter, but some people, if the cut it short enough, it'll be straighter.  I guess it depends on whether your hair is curly like all the way, or if it's fairly straight up to a point before going curly.  So I guess, depending on your hair type, you could end up with a Winona Ryder-type pixie, or something like a tiny afro, if you go that short.

More awesome than a manatee!
mahdy View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahdy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2005 at 4:22am
ok.. u cutted ur hair or shave.. mebe u 're cool girl,so.. i think u could shave ur hair .. u look like attractiv...so.. i  guess u shave ur hair..ok..
hi... i'd like to meet to hobby's of hair friends.......and i would like to watch the headshaving in film and clips..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic