Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Single eyelids/ Asian eyes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mintychoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mintychoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Single eyelids/ Asian eyes
    Posted: October 10 2005 at 8:47am
does anyone know of any way to flatter these eyes? People like me only have single eyelids, and I have no idea how to apply eyeshadow on eyes like mine, coz all "how to" articles focus on double eyelids.
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2005 at 4:52pm
I have semi-Japanese eyes. Hehe I say Semi cuz I'm a little mixed so I have a bit of a crease, but it's small enough that my eyes are still classified as Japanese.

Anyway, my favorite thing to wear right now is a smokey eye with liquid liner. The smokey eye is my favorite cuz it makes me look really exotic and the liquid eye liner gives my eyes that 'wide eyed' look. Just use a darker, smokey shade (a dark purple, blue, green or gray or even a shimmery black) up to your eye crease and just a little above it. Depending on how big your eyes are, you can also apply it almost up to the browbone. Then take a small eye shadow or liner brush and use a little of the same shade and line your lower lid, really close to the lash line. Add a shimmery, light shade to your brow bone and inner eye corners. Then line your top lid with some liquid liner (I always use black) and extend the line a little past your eye and wing it out a little. I learned a trick with liquid eye liner, just draw a thin line on your eyelid with eyeliner and go over that with the liquid liner. That helps me atleast:)

Also, what I do is use a nude shade all over my eye lid, then use a lighter one to highlight. And then i use a black eye liner pencil on my upper lid and smudge it with my finger so that it looks really subtle and smudgy. I also use a little black in the corners in a subtle V shape.

I always have to curl my eyelashes cuz I've got straight lashes ehhehe and then just us a volumising mascara.

I hope that helped!

Tinkerbelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2005 at 10:14pm
Aseya!  You sound like you are great with makeup!!!  I suck at putting on makeup...especially eyes!  You sound awesome!
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2005 at 6:51am
Awww! Thanks Tinkerbelle! That's so sweet! I needed a little confidence boost when it comes to my work:)
mintychoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mintychoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2005 at 12:16am
ooh! thank you so much! i can't wait to try it out
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic