Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"tape on tape off" method

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "tape on tape off" method
    Posted: October 14 2005 at 8:41am
Hi all,

I'm new to this board, just found it today googling for information about hairextensions. I've never had an extension but I really want to, the problem is I don't know what method would be good. I live in a small town where only a few of the hairdressers do extensions. The other day I was at a salon where they said the used the newest technique which the said was something called "tape on tape off". I assume it's this one I found by Haircontrast http://www.haircontrast.com/ (look under Products) Has anyone tried something like this? I get the feeling it's some kind of "cheaper" way and that it won't look as natural when it's on one strip of tape instead of small pieces. The woman said they'd do two of these strips on me to make it look full enough. But where do they put it? Will I get any volume on the rest of my head or does it just add lenght?
Alot of questions
Phenomenal Joy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phenomenal Joy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2005 at 9:06am

Hi...those are seamless wefts, skin wefts or whatever trademarked name (ie Tape On, TressAllure) a company wants to call them.

I just ordered some direct from a wholesale manufacturer in China, but have not worn them before.  Metalgirl and some others have been wearing them for a while and are really big fans of the method

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2005 at 11:37am

Hi and welcome!

I have worn the seamless before and really do love it!  It's different than strand by strand, because it goes on in strips instead of individual groupings of hair.  But it's comfortable.

PJ- I received my seamless from Mr. Liu a few days ago.  It looks nice.  I am going to put it on a client next week, using the 1/4" proflex tape, installing it the way that I learned at the New Concepts show. (also it the same application that Tressallure has on their website)

Phenomenal Joy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phenomenal Joy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2005 at 3:39pm
 OK great please keep me posted
Sessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2005 at 4:57am
Originally posted by metalgirl metalgirl wrote:

Hi and welcome!

I have worn the seamless before and really do love it!  It's different than strand by strand, because it goes on in strips instead of individual groupings of hair.  But it's comfortable.

Thanks! But it looks just as full as other types of extensions? The thing is I want more volume also, not just length. Also, are the prices for seamless usually cheaper than other types of extensions? The price I got at the salon was about 600$.
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2005 at 10:59am
Anytime you put more hair on the head you will get more volume.  Now, if you are looking for the hair on top of your head to have more volume, be 'fluffier', than no hair extension product can fix that, since you can't put extensions directly on top of the head.
Sessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 3:22am
Thanks for the replies. Is there anyone who has any before and after pictures for anyone using this method. I found this site http://www.morud.dk/hairfashion/hairextension.htm  ; and I don't know.. I think it looks a bit thin. Like it doesen't mix that well with the rest of the hair  How many "tapes" with hair would you recommend? My hairdresser said she'd put in two 90 centimeter long "tapes". Is that enough?
Sessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2005 at 12:07pm
Ok, been a while since I posted this question but I finally decided to go with this method (tape on). The hairdresser told me that they'd use 80% asian 20% european hair. Is that called anything special? And also, do you think that's ok ( I'm swedish with typical scandinavian hair -  blonde with lots of hairstrands but they're thin)? I'm nervous 
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2005 at 12:31pm
I think seamless wefts and these tape methods are wonderful. I have thin hair, too. It's also very fine and frail and damages/breaks easily. I love the weightless feel of this method. They can give a little bit of a feeling like you're wearing a ballcap around the sides but if you give it a week or two it's not a bother at all. Just be gentle and don't ever pick at the bonded area. Wash gently and blow dry the taped area so it doesn't remain wet for so long.

Cybermane has many different types of methods in photographs and the method you're getting is about 4th row down. Here's a do-it-yourself demo.

I think you're really going to enjoy how comfortable, easy, and quickly transforming it's going to be.
Sessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2005 at 2:38pm
Thanks Amm, so you think that type of hair, 80% asian 20 % european will be ok? 
Sessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 2:26pm
Ok, so I finally done it. What do you think? I'm pretty satisfied, the only thing is I think it's a bit dry in the ends. It's made with the tape stuff I talked about above :) My "original" hair was/is shoulder lenght with lots and lots of layers.

http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hr1vz.jpg
Sessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 2:27pm
Oh and also, I just had a ponytail before I took the picture so that's why it's a bit "wavy" at the neck. 
Sessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2005 at 8:44am
Is it that bad so no one wants to comment it?  
I know the pic doesn't show up in the post but if you just copy the link written there..
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2005 at 9:00am

Oh no hun!!! It's not bad! I'm just too lazy to cut and paste!!

The color matches really well. The ends might need a trim and a little layering would make it perfect!!

Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2005 at 9:02am

Here you go chick, I think it looks lovely xx

[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
LauraR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2005 at 11:46am

Everything Gina said -

I am also too lazy to open a new window and cut and paste!

but looks good!

BirdOfEden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirdOfEden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2005 at 4:39pm
Haha, I was thinking the same thing (too lazy to cut and paste a link)!  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic