Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to make my hair thin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adam19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to make my hair thin
    Posted: October 17 2005 at 4:11am
I have short, but thick hair. I dont know what to do with it, i dread waking up every morning and having to style it into something nice. I usually spike it up.

How can I go about making my hair more fine/thin? I find that when its really short, it is quite fine and nice to style but as soon as a couple of weeks pass after I've had it cut, it goes all thick and awkward to style again.

Thanks for any help
XTCinOvaltine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XTCinOvaltine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 7:32pm
That's exactly the trouble I'm having. I don;t know what to do. We seriously need to either get more members, or find a site that could help. I mean, I've heard of a feather comb, which basically thins out hair by using sort of baldes to do so, but its strenuous and sort of hurts.

Edited by XTCinOvaltine
Adam19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2005 at 3:30am
Not heard of that but sounds... interesting.

Yeah, dont seem to be many people around on here.
#1spinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote #1spinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2005 at 1:05pm

do this. its my hair,try it. if you want info go to the 360 wave forum thingy. they have all the info u need.
waves so deep.....my brush VIBRATE
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2005 at 6:15pm

well i have thick curly hair. after 4 weeks after a haircut it get puffy and afro like. i just keep it short with various short hair style. you its not that bad considering the amount of shampoo you get to save and how its nice to have fresh air on your scalp. enough said

if you want to thin you hair, you can ask the barber/stylist to precisely do that. they chop off some hair right down to the root while keeping other intact. which you will have some long and short hair. my barber use these scissors with comb in them for the technique. it gives you more styling option if you get you hair cut the right way.

another option is to get it relaxed but this option works best if you had at least 4 inches of hair which means many months of some of you with puffy hair.

ARGHH
blinkybill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blinkybill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2006 at 8:00pm
I am also in the same situation. My hair is to impossibly thick that it's impossible to syle, and I end up just brushing it up at the front, and wearing it in the same style year-after-year. If I keep it at a short-to-medium length it is generally manageable.

If I try to wear a fringe it ends up looking like a mop, and there are no styling products I have found which are effective in styling my hair. I'd like to be able to give moisture to my hair without looking greasy, like the out-of-the-shower look.

I have buzzed my hair short before, but it doesn't really suit my hairline, but I am considering going back to this hairstyle as it is more comfortable and lower maintenance.

I may try getting my hair thinned at a stylist as mentioned.

I'd like to be able to achieve some contemporary looks for my hair, or a professional look, or any alternative really.

On the plus side I don't think I will be going bald any time soon, although on some days I wish I didn't have such an abundance of hair .
remix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote remix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2006 at 4:12am
hairdressers use a thinning tool, it looks like scissors mixed with a comb. ask them to thin your hair out and add texture, they'll know what to do
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic