Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed**Authentic Bohyme Hair Issue**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 5:34pm

Putting all this aside, was the bold section in this unedited first post on this thread not aimed directly at me then.

This is what I was told and I just wanted to pass it along. With this being said, it does not mean that some of the knock off brands of Bohyme are bad hair, from what I've heard the hair Amanda uses is great but it's not authentic from the Bohyme company. Sorry for the bad news but I think it's important information that buyers should know.

The comment "this does not mean that some of the knock off brands of bohyme are bad hair" and then going on to say "from what I've heard the hair Amanda uses is great but its not authentic from the bohyme company", mean more or less how I'm reading it that the hair I'm selling is "knock off and not authentic".  Then to go on further and put "sorry for the bad news" reads to me that because she has said this that people will be dissappointed and now not buy my hair, otherwise, why would it be bad news. 

Am I the only one reading it like this or what.  Its a pity people didn't read the posts before they were edited.  If you look, every post that has been posted has been edited.  This is making people who have defended me now look like they are spouting off over nothing which I think is misleading and unfair. 

I felt that I needed to put the record straight a bit.  I'm not coming on this board to defend the hair I sell, that speaks for itself.

This seems all a bit too convenient that all of a sudden this is posted just as I get a page selling bohyme with cheap shipping

[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
cathrynr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 5:43pm

I think the very first post was different than what you put up right now. It was edited alot now and theres responses to an original post thats not there. I dont think thats right. read sherries first post and you can see the reaction.

why is it supposed to be bad news that you have great hair?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 5:46pm
Thank you Cathrynr.  I suppose I should see it like that that its not bad news to have great hair but I don't think that's how it was intended to be read unfortunately x
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
EmilyStrange View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 5:59pm

Hmm I read Kristin's post before it was edited and certainly didn't read it as a personal attack on Amanda's product. 

If anything, I think Amanda's name was mentioned to avoid it seeming that way, as Amanda has said in previous posts that the Bohyme she sells comes in different packaging to the US Bohyme.  Also, when I made the original post about Celebrity Elite Bohyme a couple of weeks ago, I only knew it was the same hair Amanda sells after she said so.  I got the hair from somewhere else and the post wasn't directed at her in any way. 

I personally think Kristin has been very diplomatic and unbiased in all her responses to this thread :/

AfroPuffs View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 6:08pm

Kristin saw her err and edited her post.  I never saw that post until you posted nor did probably a bunch of people.   It appears to me that she removed it to make sure your character wasn't attacked. 

Kristin loves her some Bohyme.  Half of us only know about it because of her so I look at it like she was just doing some research posted her findings and inadvertantly said some questionable things about you but edited her post when she realized how her words could be taken as an attack on you.  

I mean it's like whatever.  I think both of you have great sites, do great hair and offer a wealth of information.   Group hug?

But Amanda, I did visit your site and it's really cute but I just wanted to correct you that the cuticles are not intact on Bohyme hair.  They remove them so the hair doesn't tangle as you can see from the illustration below:

http://www.hairdepotbeautysupply.com/i/bohyme_science.jpg

In my opinion, Bohyme is a text book example on how to "Play on words" their hair isn't cuticle hair, their hair isn't remy hair.  They took the word Remy trademarked it as Remi and have everyone thinking it's pure, remi hair.  It's not, it's been processed and has no cuticles.  And while Bohyme says they go through some strand by strand process to align cuticles I don't think I've read anywhere where they said the cuticles stay intact.   

But nonetheless, a lot of people like it and use it so that's all that matters in the end.  I've used it, it's decent hair no real complaints and I'd use it again.  I'll use anything as long as it's good to me.

Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 6:11pm

I didn't want to respond because this is completely dragging it on and I'd rather it go away but I need to say this again: 

For the third time: I did edit my first post which did say that I thought the hair Amanda was selling was great but I had found out it was not authentic Bohyme hair from the people affiliated with Bohyme.com, (neither was the Jazzy Bohyme hair for that matter). I have no doubt that there are lots of companies using the word Bohyme to describe their hair but it is US trademarked by Fashion World who says there is no affiliation with any other company and that they actually own the factory where it is made. Because it was thought that they were affiliated with US companies I thought it would be bad news to find out they were not and also wrote that in there. I took it out after my third post where I noted that I had done so and why.  

This was not an attack on you Amanda and I’m deeply sorry if you thought it was. I have no reason to ever try and hurt you and from what it sounds like your business is banging since this post. You’ve always been great to me and with everyone on this board. My deepest apologies go out to anyone who may have been offended or thought I shouldn’t have brought this information to the board.  

marie87 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 6:24pm
Wow! I think AFro Puffs is on to something.. In real time talking face to face if Kristin had said that and seen Amanda's look of shock and her jaw drop she would probably have said that did not come out right I'm sorry and been done with it. But here in cyber things don't run in real time and you can't take your foot out of your mouth as fast as you would have liked to. The ball rolled picked up speed and now hurt feelings are everywhere. She said it yes, but I don' think the intention was to attack.
love you both

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 6:54pm
I think that's ended this on a real nice note Marie, thanks for that comment xxx hugs x
Syren123 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 9:45pm
I read the original post right after she posted it. It's hard to imagine she meant any of it as a personal slam - all of her time on the board, she has been nothing but kind even when people haven't been kind to her. She was trying to be helpful, has bent over backwards to un-offend whomever got offended, so how about giving the girl a break.

Edited by Syren123
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic