Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Messy Paint Job

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Messy Paint Job
    Posted: November 11 2005 at 2:22am
Hiya Ladies,
I don't have the best talent when it comes to painting my nails, especially with my left hand! The polish usually ends up on the skin around the nails. After many years of that, I've come up with what I think may be a solution. However I'm not sure and wanted to tell you guys and see what you think.

If I were to use a Q-Tip and put patroleum jelly on the skin around my nails, then paint them. I'm thinking the greese in the jelly may help the polish to not stick to the skin.

Ok, there it is. What do you guys think?
_thumbelina_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _thumbelina_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2005 at 3:26pm

Or you could use a cotton bud, dip it in nail polish remover and zap the bits on your skin, then obviously wash your hands, less mess that way right?

"You were the movie of my life, starring you instead of me"
Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 6:42pm

Actually, I've heard that before, Yoda. Might work. The only problem would be keeping the grease off the nails, of course.

christa ls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christa ls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2007 at 8:45pm
try using a nail polish corrector pen from walgreens by sally hansen for 5 bucks
Christa S.
http://christaLeAnn123.bebo.com
SeaSiren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2007 at 12:19am
I've always used the pointed tip of my nail file to scrape away the polish I smear around each nail as I polish that nail.  If you do it right away and wipe it on a paper towel, you can usually get it all.   Also, if you polish your nails and then after they dry, do your dishes.  The excess polish will come off your skin.  Water seems to soften polish on the skin and it wipes off. If you're going out right away....use the file method or the nail polish corrector pen as Christa mentioned.  I've never used one but it sounds like an easy idea.  After 40 years of wearing polish, I've become pretty steady at applying it and have fun with decals, two colors with stripes, etc.  You'll get better with time.
She Creatures Unite......
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2007 at 10:52am
I like the vasaline method Yoda.
I do not want to do a thing with my nails wet, so when my nails dry enough ....then I can simply and easily peel the excess polish off.

Question????????
I some times find that after I have let my nails dry,,,there are friggin' bubbles trapped and dried into my polish...Nope I do not add polish remover to stretch.
Any idea why this happens ladies

Thanks

anomis
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic