Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

wife want to get highlights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bean3270 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bean3270 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wife want to get highlights
    Posted: December 04 2005 at 9:17pm

Hi

My wife want to get highlight but we are excepting a baby in june can she get highlight or does she have to wait

ChelseaB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChelseaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2005 at 9:42pm

Are you asking if because she is pregnant whether or not she can get highlights? I am pretty sure that what she does to ther hair won't hurt the baby...I don't think that the bleach will seep through her head to her stomache. The only way I can see it hurting the baby is if she drinks the bleach.  But I could be wrong...just never heard of getting highlights while your pregnant being bad.

However she might want to wait because generally when woman are pregnant their hair grows faster. So is she got highlights she might get roots really fast, and have to get a touch-up much sooner.

Edited by ChelseaB
Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii
KellyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 9:40am

The only thing I've heard is about the fumes. I didn't even get my nails done when I was pregnant......just in case the chemical fumes COULD have been harmful.

Chelsea makes a good point about the growth rate during pregnancy!

malibubabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibubabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 8:14pm
you're not supposed to use any dye or bleach or anything on your hair when you're pregnant, that's why britney spears dyed her's brown when she was pregnant
Emilie
ChelseaB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChelseaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 9:28pm
Oh okay, never knew you weren't supposed to dye/bleach your hair when you are pregnant. Learn something new everyday.
Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii
mandie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2005 at 4:39pm
Colouring your hair while pregnant is fine. Her skin may be a little more sensitive than normal and the colour could process quicker, but other than that, there's no problem. Just make sure her stylist keeps an eye on the colour or it may be lighter than she expected!
Sugarloaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarloaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2005 at 4:37am
I had regualr hair dyes at the salon while I was pregnant. I only had semi-permanent colours though.  Not sure whether that makes a difference. That was 12 years ago and my daughter was absolutely normal and has grown into an exceptionally bright girl.  She takes a lot of interest in her hair, so it might be genetic.
Tinkerbelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2005 at 11:36pm

I got mine highliighted a few differents  shades when I first found I was preggo.  It was darker than when I wasnt pregnant, but I didnt want to take any chances with my baby.  I was also scared of the harsh fumes....like KellyH mentioned. 

I hope your wife as a safe and healthy pregnancy and delivery :)

KellyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 3:38pm
OK....I've been delaying saying this, but I work for a reprographics company. Back when we still used amonia in Diazo machines to reproduce blueprints, there was a pregnant employee that worked in close proximity to those machines. I never felt that that child was 'right'. I know....that sounds awful and I have no proof, but that was enough to scare me into believing better safe than sorry.
Tinkerbelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 4:28pm
I agree with kelly why take any risks, kwim?  They also say that tyenol and that doesnt affect the baby.  I never took one tyenol or anything when i was pregnant, I didnt was to risk my baby.  I could never forgive myself if my child was forever altered by something I did
wendyladi98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyladi98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2005 at 4:46am

some over the counter products say don't use if you are pregnant, not sure why, but it might be a nice treat after she has the baby for all she went through lol

wendy

"In the darkness, see the light. Remember God loves you"
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2005 at 5:38am

Better to be safe than sorry...I would personally avoid the fumes while pregnant, your wife would never forgive herself if anything did go wrong and she's forever be thinking, "was it those highlights?"  As Wendy says above, it will be a nice treat for your wife to be pampered and get a new look after she's given birth.  That sounds like the best option.

It has also been noted that the rates of miscarriages among nail technicians (who work with acetone and other chemicals) is much, MUCH higher than the national average. 

I hope that mother and baby are both well, and stay that way :)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic