Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How often to do nails?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JenJen21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JenJen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How often to do nails?
    Posted: December 07 2005 at 2:41pm

I've really been trying to take care of my nails recently. They tend to split a lot on the edges (something I can't figure out how to fix).

For now, I'm just wondering how often everyone does their nails? I try not to touch them for about a week and then remove the polish, push back my cuticles, and reapply strengthener and polish. Should I do this more often? TIA!

naildiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naildiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2005 at 3:23pm

Weekly manicures for best results!  And it sounds like you are doing good - FYI, most nail strengtheners need to be applied DAILY to work.  Check your bottle.

MsMocha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2005 at 3:10pm
I usually apply two coats of nail strenghtener on day one, then every other day and then on the 7th day remove and start all over again; those were the OPI Nail Envy instructions. Daily upkeep is usually applying cuticle oil or olive oil to my nails, but now I'm jus keep them short and planning to just get acrylics.
ice_illusion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ice_illusion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2005 at 1:49pm

When you file your nails make sure and just do it in one direction and towards the middle.
At least thats what I've read. I think it means you have to do each side of your nail seperately.

Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2005 at 1:51am
I agree with what every one else said. I try to do mine only once a week -- the polish chips a lot though. My nails used to split on the edges like that too but they've stopped and I don't know why. They have been growing beautifully (well, until recently -- I have been neglecting them). I got a product by Qtica (has garlic in it) and I really like it alot. There is no Tolulene or Formaldehyde, which is what's in a lot of the products that are for growing nice long nails and, unfortunately, gives me a bad reaction. So I was so happy to find the Qtica -- it works great for me. I use it as a base coat and then add a coat every other day like the girl mentioned she does w/Nail Envy.
NaturalBeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaturalBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2005 at 9:27am

I  usually keep my nails short and cut and file them once a week because they always split.  I hardly ever paint them and I apply an oil every night that makes my nails grow with out splitting they have gotten long and I love it.

let your beauty be natural!!
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2005 at 10:32am
Originally posted by NaturalBeauty NaturalBeauty wrote:

I  usually keep my nails short and cut and file them once a week because they always split.  I hardly ever paint them and I apply an oil every night that makes my nails grow with out splitting they have gotten long and I love it.

NaturalBeauty, what oil do u use on your nails?

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
NaturalBeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaturalBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2005 at 12:53pm
I use grape seed oil infused with lavender chamomile and callendula flowers and citrus, lavender essential oils.  I make it myself and I have it for sale.
let your beauty be natural!!
mrscutiepie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrscutiepie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2007 at 11:25am
Even through this thread is like from 2005...I'll answer it anyway. I do my own nails once a week Thumbs%20Up
Never leave home without a mirror, you never know what you may look like.
linlinxo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linlinxo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2007 at 8:39pm
at  least every 2 weeks ;]
www.myspace.com/sweetheart_xoo
ShowStoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 10:18am
I get my nails manicured about every two weeks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 10:19am
I also notice mine can some time snag on things which is annoying so I keep my little personal file on hand

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 10:19am
Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic