Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to fiz a perm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TIGEREYE69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGEREYE69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to fiz a perm
    Posted: December 13 2005 at 12:59pm
I got a perm a couple of weeks ago and I hate it.  The curls are really small tight curls and it just makes my hair look frizzy and dried out.  I was wondering if anyone knows how to reverse a perm without chemically straighting it.  I have heard that in some cases it can make your hair worse and extemely dried out and damaged.
Laura
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2005 at 6:14pm

Hi Laura,

There is no such thing as fixing a perm, and they rightfully call it a "perm" because it's relatively permanent. You'll have to grow new hair and start trimming off the permed hair. I feel bad for not having a better solution. In the meanwhile, give it a lot of TLC, oodles of conditioner, and avoid further damage by avoiding heat and chemical treatments.

Chemical straightening is not an option if you want to keep your hair on your head.

There are methods of 'relaxing' a perm I guess, and it involves using lots and lots of conditioner. Try multiple conditioners in a row (it doesn't have to get expensive, just get a couple $1 conditioners such as Suave to supplement your conditioning routine)

I'm so sorry to hear this didn't work out for you.
Anais  

my LJ, 40 inches long
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic