Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP with hair dying.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP with hair dying.
    Posted: December 16 2005 at 1:35pm
I decided to dye my hair with Matrix socolor honey creme haircolor reds but do I need the Solite creme developer too?
replay ASAP

Edited by Mika
hstephens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hstephens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2006 at 8:29pm

I just usually use the cheap stuff from Sally's.

Beautylicious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beautylicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2007 at 11:06am
No I feel alot of peroxides are just the same, and dont make a difference :)
gertiles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gertiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2008 at 12:40pm
just go to your local drugstore or grocery store and go into the hair products isle. bleach all the parts of your hair that you want colored. then put the purple over the ones you want purple, because the only way youre going to get that electric color is by putting the white underneath, and then leave the other ones bleached for the white! oh. i forgot about the deep brown. that is a lott of coloring, a lot of product, a lot of damage. i would advice either doing the higlights and just that, or doing the dark brown, and then waiting a bit for your hair to healthy up before you put more chemicals in it. good luck!
HairInfo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairInfo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2009 at 3:09pm
If you aren't sure what to do, I suggest going to your salon for help or to ask them questions. I prefer to do this, they style my hair just the way I want them to AND always give me tips and advice.

Edited by Administrator - September 06 2009 at 9:12am
McShirley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McShirley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2009 at 10:15am
HairInfo is right. Your better off letting a professional colorist handle this. Over the years I 've seen so many people come into the salon with crappy die jobs begging for help to "make it right". There is definately a science to proper hair coloring.
sarahmiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2010 at 7:37am
kind of wierd hairdo are done through the professional help only, similar to the way people get their hairs dyed in a particular hairstyle.
jessica_az View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessica_az Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2010 at 5:21pm
Technically manufacturers directions say to use the same brand developer as the color, but any brand developer will work. You can mix and match. It doesn't affect anything.

And fyi...matrix brand can be a little unpredictable sometimes just to warn you.
-Jessica
   XOXO
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic