Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair extension question, removal weight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
khargma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khargma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair extension question, removal weight
    Posted: December 22 2005 at 9:40pm

I needed to know when I apply extensions to a current client, a new experience for me, if I need to remove her weight from her hair. Definately not losing any length. Her hair is to her shoulders, and the density is immensly thick. Should I remove the weight before applying the extensions, I will be using glue tracks, and what is the best way to remove the weight without losing the length of her natural hair? This is my first post. So hi all, and thank you for any help.

Ive been doing hair for almost 2 years, and it gets better! With this site as well.

TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2006 at 1:52am
go to hairtalk boutikuethe thread on hair extensions, there is a seperate place for help
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
AnnSimone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnSimone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 5:12pm
It is helpful to remove weight before the extensions are placed, so there is no bulky hairline. Adding more extension pieces later will not get rid of the weightline. However, be aware that with a less permanent method of hair extension, like wefts, you do not want to cut a clients hair who is often trying to grow out. Be sure you fully consult with the client on what they want and explain the benefits and downfalls of doing both.
AnnSimone
Visit my website www.annsimone.com for the HONEST TRUTH about hair extensions!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic