Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

40 VOL ON DARK BROWN

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lizzy19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 40 VOL ON DARK BROWN
    Posted: December 28 2005 at 4:23am
........what colour will it turn??
i dont want no dam signature
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2005 at 1:01pm

Originally posted by ilikeyourface ilikeyourface wrote:

........what colour will it turn??

What is your natural haircolor? Are you trying to go lighter? if so how much lighter? If you are going darker how much darker?(like how many levels darker or lighter?)

There are some general rules to keep in mind when coloring hair.

Developers come in 10, 20, 30, & 40 Volume. The higher the volume the stronger the lifting action is. Typically 10 volume is used primarily to tone the hair color. 20 volume will allow you to achieve one level lighter. 30 Volume 2 levels lighter, 40 volume 3 levels lighter and many color lines have blonding cream which allows you to gain 1/2 - 1 level more of additional lift. Semi-permanent and Demi-Permanent hair color will not lift the natural haircolor lighter. If you are going 2 levels darker or more typically you need to fill the hair with a filler to add the underlying pigment back into the hair strand so the color you are coloring your hair will take. If you don't take this step when going darker your hair could turn orange if you are blonde and trying to go back to your natural brown color . If you are going darker 20 volume is sufficient to use as you are not lifting the color lighter. The only times 30 & 40 Volume are used is if you are lightening the haircolor.

Color doesn't lighten already artificially colored hair. If your hair is previously colored and you want to go lighter the only way to achieve that is thru bleaching or lightening your hair. It's done with bleach! I'm not going to sugar coat it for you by calling it a lightener it's bleach. It's important to be extremely careful when lightening hair as you don't want to lift it past what is called the "PALE YELLOW" stage as permanent damage and overprocessing will occur and your hair will be fried.

Haircoloring is best left to the professionals. I'll be happy to answer any other questions you might have.

G'luck

lizzy19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2005 at 4:54am

well, my is naturaly medium/light brown,

but i dyed it back...say 9 months ago?

its faded to dark brown, but i dye it with a 6-8 wk dark ash brown to keep it even,

i want to get it done professionaly, but the salon by me is not trust-worthy, as friends that go there have had bad experiences

i've had a strand test on a color fix type product, and the hair turned a bright orange,

but the salon said that they could put tint on bleach, to make it blonder, but i dont understand because blonde is lighter than orange right?

Anyway, i was just curious what colour my hair could turn with 40 vol peroxide, because i was thinking of maybe doing some streaks,

ive tried lightening my hair before, (after i dyed my hair black) and my roots just turned gingery

i dont want no dam signature
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic