Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why is everyone here doing this color???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why is everyone here doing this color???
    Posted: December 28 2005 at 8:32pm
Ok, I live in Ohio so I don't really know what people are doing to screw up their hair in the rest of the country, but I am noticing TONS of people (young and old) with purple hair. I think it is those intense red box dyes (most brands have these colors) that are supposed to be burgundy-ish. It is absolutely hideous. It is flat, not shiny, fried-looking purply-icky red. And I'm not talking about punks or goths trying to do something like this on purpose. I am officially voting this as the most hideous color trend ever.
Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2005 at 8:36pm
You have any sample pics?
hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2005 at 10:22am
http://www.ebonyline.com/jazsemperhai.htmlCheck out the Fuscia plum color. However, the people doing it around here are NOT trying to look punky.
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2005 at 12:15pm
It's just something diffrent from the ordinary blonde brown spectrum I think. I would have loved to have that color hair. That jazz stuff looks like fun!

~* Bambi Lee *~
Sugarloaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarloaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2005 at 1:28pm
At least it is only a semi.  Probably felt like a good idea for Christmas.  I know someone who had permanent red streaks put in last Christmas.  Didn't look so good when they were still growing out at Easter! She didn't do it again this year!
hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2005 at 2:17pm
That was only an example of what I was trying to explain. I have the feeling these aren't the results of jazzing. I'm mostly seeing it on people with fried perms and mall-bangs. Bambilee--you are suck a rockerchic--you could pull that off. Middle-class northern mom-jean wearing moms and grandmas, not so much.
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2005 at 10:25am
Yum yum...I adore purple hair and want to do it properly one day.  I have a complete soft spot for funky hair, especially red/purple.  Each to their own I say.

What's the point of dying your hair a natural looking colour all the time, why not go insane!?  just once???!!   You only live once!

I VOTE INSANITY THE BEST POLICY! :D

I think out of those swatches I'd have the racy wine or jet grape shade.

Edited by aubergine
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2005 at 10:28am
Originally posted by hannebash hannebash wrote:

That was only an example of what I was trying to explain. I have the feeling these aren't the results of jazzing. I'm mostly seeing it on people with fried perms and mall-bangs. Bambilee--you are suck a rockerchic--you could pull that off. Middle-class northern mom-jean wearing moms and grandmas, not so much.

Oh yeah I totally agree there!  There's something about grandma's with funky colour that looks just completely weird!

Edited by aubergine
hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2005 at 11:11am
Yeah that is what I meant. I can tell that the people I've seen at Wal-Mart (cultural mecca lol) weren't exactly intending to have purple hair. Intentional purple can be very cute. When i was in high school ,I was always trying to rock the burgundy hair, but it faded really fast. My mom would always call it euro-red.
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2005 at 12:28pm
Its funny when grandmas do it. I don't believe they are trying to achieve it. My other half's grandmother did that once, It wasn't suppose to be weird but she ended up with this bright orange hair. It was so funny.
I've had blue, green, purple, pink, yellow, orange. I've done it all. I liked my purple hair it was long and dark, plum I think. I can't pull it off now due to bleachign my hair so much and my hair has thinned alot since I was like 14. I want that jazz stuff....
~* Bambi Lee *~
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 1:52am

I know someone who says she'll be glad when her hair is all white, so she can dye it like purples and wines and stuff, and have it come out really bright ^_^ .  I have no problem with older people, even grannies, wearing purple hair (or anything else wild), so long as they do it well.  You can't just wear it with giant granny florals and cardigans; you've gotta rock the whole look!

More awesome than a manatee!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic