Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Whoops. =) How do you get rid of dye?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
FishiesGoPook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FishiesGoPook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whoops. =) How do you get rid of dye?
    Posted: December 28 2005 at 11:49pm
So here's the thing, I dyed my hair black because I'd been wanting to dye it black since... Well since I started dying my hair. Unfortunately, I didn't think about the consequences, which there were many of. My hair wasn't that light naturally, but next to the black it looks blonde. So, as you can imagine, it looks terrible. I tried to dye it red once, but, obviously, the black stayed black but my light roots turned bright red. I like it black, honestly I do, and I would keep dying it but it's just such a hassle and my mother (I'm only 13, by the way. =P) is annoyed with having to re dye it, and is suddenly obsessed with this new idea of color stripping. Personally, I think I look terrible with light hair, and don't want to spend weeks with it light like I've heard you have to. Is it true that color stripping damages your hair? I was told you have to get your hair in really good condition before you can do anything with it - Is this true? Please, if there are any other better ways to get rid of black hair dye, or at least lighten my hair enough to be able to dye it again, could you tell me? I greatly appreciate it!
Thank you!
-+- Fishies go pook pook pook-+-
Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2005 at 6:10pm
Get Colorfix, it's the only one that won't damage your hair beyond belief.  Also, once hair is damaged there is no way to repair it.  Conditioners can mast the condition of your hair but that's it.  I'd strand test with colorfix first before doing your entire head.  You might be able to get to dark blonde...but you have to strand test first.  Good luck!
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2005 at 9:56am
Originally posted by FishiesGoPook FishiesGoPook wrote:

So here's the thing, I dyed my hair black because I'd been wanting to dye it black since... Well since I started dying my hair. Unfortunately, I didn't think about the consequences, which there were many of. My hair wasn't that light naturally, but next to the black it looks blonde. So, as you can imagine, it looks terrible. I tried to dye it red once, but, obviously, the black stayed black but my light roots turned bright red. I like it black, honestly I do, and I would keep dying it but it's just such a hassle and my mother (I'm only 13, by the way. =P) is annoyed with having to re dye it, and is suddenly obsessed with this new idea of color stripping. Personally, I think I look terrible with light hair, and don't want to spend weeks with it light like I've heard you have to. Is it true that color stripping damages your hair? I was told you have to get your hair in really good condition before you can do anything with it - Is this true? Please, if there are any other better ways to get rid of black hair dye, or at least lighten my hair enough to be able to dye it again, could you tell me? I greatly appreciate it!
Thank you!

I know exactly how you feel.  I have very light blonde hair naturally, and of course, when I was your age too, decided I wanted it black.  It suited me so much better dark...it still does - I'll never go back to blonde any time soon.  However, I'm fed up of black and have just bought the Goldwell Color Remover because it is honestly the only one I can get hold of in the UK - I even had to get it off Ebay!!!  I have had enormous trouble trying to get hold of one here, but in Canada you should be fine.

Don't bleach your hair...I did it to get rid of black and after I dyed it brown it went black again because my hair is too porous now.  I'm going to start using lots of intensive conditioning masks and protein treatments because my hair's dry.  I actually don't mind it being dry because naturally it is incredibly greasy...I must have been born with the most unsuitable hair I could have been born with!  A blonde boffy curly greasy mess!  It's no wonder I like dying it!!!

Good luck with your situation...if you can get hold of Jheri Redding's Colorfix then do...I hear it's the best.  I've no idea how mine will turn out!

Look after your hair too...honestly, don't bleach it :-D
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic