Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHBCU

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2006 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by BIGGMike BIGGMike wrote:

Many older Black people say that Black people were stronger and more united when we were segregated. They say we owned more land, owned more homes, owned more business, Blacks married more and stayed married, and we all took care of each other better than we do today. This was all because we lived in the same communities isolated from negative outside cultures that lowered ourself worth.

Should this be applied to HBCU's? I think so.

I think it's better for us in many ways. Remember, White people attend Historically White Universities.

Most of the Universities in America are Historically White Universities. Maybe that's why they have a strong pride and many African Americans don't.

White schools party just as much as Black schools.

Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
lilkeke918 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilkeke918 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2006 at 9:18pm

I'm sorry you feel that way MIKE.. If you allow yourself to be isolated into small areas you are only making white people happier. Less of a threat. Why should we go along with this?

This is the hispanics problem now you see less of them going to school and more of them doing grunt work. Is this what your preaching to your kids? Do you want them to live this same way?

Edited by lilkeke918
Im an Ocean yall cats are just ponds
Sistaslick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sistaslick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2006 at 10:08am
Originally posted by lilkeke918 lilkeke918 wrote:

I'm sorry you feel that way MIKE.. If you allow yourself to be isolated into small areas you are only making white people happier. Less of a threat. Why should we go along with this?

This is the hispanics problem now you see less of them going to school and more of them doing grunt work. Is this what your preaching to your kids? Do you want them to live this same way?

ITA with lilkeke.  Your whole post was on point.  The hispanics thing is true as well... there is less of them on America's university campuses and more of them doing "grunt" work... but the one good thing I can say is that their families stick together in spite of this somehow.  Which is really making me wonder, where are we falling so short?  I think I know what my friend BiggMike is going to say on that But I mean is it that both parents can't be educated without the family unit falling apart and disintergrating?  I know that can't be the case.  What is really the deal?  Does being super-successful mean that you can't truly put family first?

lilkeke918 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilkeke918 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2006 at 12:23pm

From the looks of it exactly. Families do better where males are in the bare foot and pregant state of mind. How can you constantly want to advance your people when you want to live this way?

Out of sight out of mind if you keep up this way of thinking we'll all end up like the main character in invisible man. You see what happened to him and he even went to a HBCU

Edited by lilkeke918
Im an Ocean yall cats are just ponds
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2006 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Sistaslick Sistaslick wrote:

ITA with lilkeke.  Your whole post was on point.  The hispanics thing is true as well... there is less of them on America's university campuses and more of them doing "grunt" work... but the one good thing I can say is that their families stick together in spite of this somehow.  Which is really making me wonder, where are we falling so short?  I think I know what my friend BiggMike is going to say on that But I mean is it that both parents can't be educated without the family unit falling apart and disintergrating?  I know that can't be the case.  What is really the deal?  Does being super-successful mean that you can't truly put family first?

Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2006 at 1:03pm

THE BREAKING PROCESS OF THE AFRICAN WOMAN Take the female and run a series of tests on her to see if she will submit to you desires willingly. Test her in every way, because she is the most important factor for good economic. If she shows any signs of resistance in submitting completely to your will, do not hesitate to use the bull whip on her to extract that last bit of bitch out of her. Take care not to kill her, for in doing so, you spoil good economics. When in complete submission, she will train her offsprings in the early years to submit to labor when they become of age. Understanding is the best thing. (she will teach her female offsprings to hate the male and she will not submit to him as she should BY NATURE)

Therefore, we shall go deeper into this area of the subject matter concerning what we have produced here in this breaking of the female nigger. We have reversed the relationship. In her natural uncivilized state she would have a strong dependency on the uncivilized nigger male, and she would have a limited protective dependency toward her independent male offspring and would raise female offspring to be dependent like her. Nature had provided for this type of balance. We reversed nature by burning and dependent like her. Nature had provided for this type of balance. We reversed nature by burning and pulling one civilized nigger apart and bull whipping the other to the point of death--all in her presence. By her being left alone, unprotected, with male image destroyed, the ordeal cased her to move from her psychological dependent state to a frozen independent state. In this frozen psychological state of independence she will raise her male and female offspring in reversed roles. For fear of the YOUNG MALE'S life she will psychologically train him to be mentally weak and dependent but physically strong. Because she has become psychologically independent, she will train her female offspring to be psychological independent as well. What have you got? You've got the nigger woman out front and the nigger man behind and scared. This is perfect situation for sound sleep and economics. Before the breaking process, we had to be alert and on guard at all times. Now we can sleep soundly, for out of frozen fear, his woman stand guard for us. He cannot get past her early infant slave molding process. He is good tool, now ready to be tied to the horse at a tender age. By the time a nigger boy reaches the age of sixteen, he is soundly broken in and ready for a long life of sound and efficient work and the reproduction of a unit of good labor force.

BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2006 at 1:57pm

Originally posted by BIGGMike BIGGMike wrote:

1. The female is self centered and only thinks of her career

2. In many situations the women is more educated than her husband, she will make more money, have more freedom, follow homosexaul penis envy mentality,

3. Thinks she's bigger than GOD and The Holy Bible. (Bible says MAN is to lead the family, not Woman)

4. Put career, education, and MONEY over family

5. Leave their children in daycare for strangers to raise or molest. Won't even Breast Feed children, too independent to do that.

6. Don't know how to cook(Claim to be so smart but can't pick up a cook book and learn how to cook a HEALTHY MEAL for her husban and children)

7. She works around Man hating lesbians who constantly encourage her to leave her husband (Men don't do this, and homos don't encourage MEN to leave, cause black men don't deal with homo's like Black women do)

8. Brain washed by White Corporate America to Male Bash Black MEN. Taught Self Hatred

9. Spend more time at work than at home with children

10. Brain Washed to stand over a man and eventually drive him away by being Disrespectful(leaving wifey for less combative, less competitive wifey)

11. Black women want to marry up when all the men suffer from employment discrimination by the very white women that they immatate.

Are Black Women “Black?”
Super Sisters often negate family values

By Bud Johnson
African-AmericanNews&Issues

“The general myth is that our women have been unaffected by the sexism of this society at large. Usually, this myth is presented in one of the following forms: Historically, the only free people in America were white men and Black women; Black women are not concerned with women's liberation (because they have no need as they are not affected by the same things which affect white women); Black women can take anything. But, historically speaking, how can the woman who was a slave, who was bought and sold on the auction block, and who suffered all of the indignities--such as flagrant sexual exploitation-- that racist masters heap on female slaves...how can such a woman be thought of as a free woman? Historically, the freedom of African American women is obviously a fraud.” Although Kalamu ya Salaam (founder of Nommo Literary Society, a Black writer’s workshop) made a valiant effort to dispel the foregoing misconception in his treatise, “Debunking Myths,” but un-fortunately his research is lost on a disproportionate number of Black males who’re convinced that even female slaves fared better than their male counterparts. Truth is, it’s widely believed that history challenged Black females negate family values. In addition, there’s a preponderance of historical evidence that supports the long held suspicion that mainstream America conspires to use Black females to emasculate and/or control Black males, through various social Trojan horses as welfare, female oriented educational and training opportunities and even social upward mobility.
African American News & Issues’ Black perspectives notwithstanding, made in America African’s unique slave experience has been studied worldwide. Especially since Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has emerged as the most powerful Black woman in the world. In fact, her relationship with Pres. Bush does, indeed, supports the free White man-Black woman myth. A recent study (“American Demographics and a Sketch of Diversity, Change and Social Conflict”), released by the University of Berlin study, objectively explained the “Super Sister” phenomenon from a historical perspective. “To the extent that African American males have been emasculated by gender-role stereotyping, African American females have been defeminized by gender-role stereotyping. The so-called Black matriarchy has been historically blamed for the deterioration of the Black family. “Because Black women have greater participation in family decision making in a society where male control is the ‘normal rule. Because white stereotyped norms are violated, African American women are seen as being domineering. By virtue of the historical legacy of slavery and discrimination against African American men, African American women were in the labor market, received education, and supported their families.” Denial aside, the fact that Oprah Winfrey is America’s only Black billionaire must be pondered. And surely, there’s also cause to pause and ponder why Sarah Breedlove, who was born on a Delta, Louisiana plantation on Dec. 23, 1867, was the first African American millionaire? For the Black History challenged, Sarah is better known as Madam C. J. Walker. For sure, you remember the Super Sister, who turned Black women’s desire for straight (White women’s) hair into a multi-billion dollar industry. Perish the thought, that we’re bashing industrious, entrepreneurial Super Sisters, although Black males throughout “Sportsdom” were buzzing when they learned that BET co-founder Sheila Johnson became part owner of the Washington Mystics on May 24, 2005. Sheila, Bob Johnson’s former wife, is the first Black female to own part of a professional sports franchise (She also shares Bob’s NHL Washington Capitals and NBA Wizards stock.) Brothers, however, may accuse Super Sisters of being out of touch with reality (when they fail to factor in institutionalized racist), after reading an article (“Super Single Sisters of 2002-African American Women”), in the July 2002 edition of Ebony. “From a psychiatrist to a soccer player to Rudy Huxtable, these 24 sensational Sisters are making Brothers' heads turn in all directions. They are the cream of the crop, and Brothers better come correct, if they hope to have a chance,” the article propagates without invalidation. “They are doctors and lawyers and sports stars, women looking for men who can fulfill them emotionally, intellectually and spiritually. From Coach Stephanie Ready to nuclear pharmacist Dr. Ella Armstrong to news anchor Regina Carswell to Phoenix Mercury star forward Lisa Harrison, these women are strong, self-sufficient and sexy. Despite their independence, they all admit they'd like someone to share their life with, (they would if Black men were not held back) someone just as ambitious and assertive as they are, and someone who can handle dating a successful Black woman. “To appeal to one of these Sisters, a Brother must have more than smooth lines and a handsome face. ‘There are a lot of attractive people out there,’ says actress Keshia Knight Pulliam, ‘but not a lot who have their own goals, their own determination.” Conversely, those who buy into that popular misconception don’t consider Super Sisters like Johnson, who divorced a very successful Brother. Or Oprah, who has played games with Stedman Graham for years? In essence, many “together Brothers,” conclude that ego-tripping Sisters have been miseducated to embrace White, elitist values, sans a descendent of slave’s perspective. Thus, to paraphrase the Holy Bible, as people think, so are they. Need we answer the question, “Are Black Women ‘Black?”

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic