Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe Crisis of the Black Man

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2006 at 11:39am

Feminists Point of view

Feminists generally regard this theory as sexist. In turn, feminists themselves have been accused of suffering from penis envy, as traditionally masculine traits have been valued over feminine ones by many 20th Century and 21st Century feminists. Historically, feminists have explained that penis envy existed as the result of a male-dominated patriarchy, and "penis envy" was the understandable frustration and desire to participate in the power structure, which oppressed women. Women were denied entry into business and academia, and medicine and religion. A woman wanting to be an orthodox rabbi or Catholic priest was denied, and any such "penis envy" may well reflect such frustration at social inequality. Unlike the falsified predictions of Freudian penis envy, and evolutionary psychology penis envy, feminist theories predict that penis envy declines as society becomes more egalitarian, and more women are placed in the highest levels of power.

Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2006 at 11:38am

Masculinity is the trait of being associated with the male in various contexts. The word masculine can refer to:

• the property of being biologically male, more precisely often expressed in biology as "sex"
  • a traditional gender role associated with sexually male humans
  • grammatical gender, an inflection of nouns, largely derived from gender role association

Masculinity is sometimes used as a synonym for manhood. The counterpart or positive antonym of masculinity is feminity. The negative antonym is effeminacy.

Masculinity is a gender role associated with male humans and an indicator of social status much as wealth, race or social class. Greater masculinity usually brings greater social status for males, and many English words such as virtue (from the Latin vir for "man'", also used in words such as vim and vigor and virulent) reflect this, implying a clear association with strength. Masculinity is associated more commonly with adult men rather than younger boys as a key characteristic of social persona. The corresponding gender role for females is called femininity. To assert the presence of femininity or masculinity in a member of the opposite gender is to mark them as unusual, often in an undesirable way. In non-human primates, the corresponding trait is called dominance in both sexes, expressed as relative position within a gender group, where human terms such as "masculinity" almost never used in general ethology.

Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2006 at 11:53am

I see women everyday that want to be a MAN.

They copy everything a man does.

Copy everything a man wears.

Copy everything a MAN says.

So it's not too far off that they would try copy his penis too. Penis Envy.....think about it cause it's true.  

BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2006 at 11:55am

Black women don't like this topic.

Sistaslick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2006 at 6:48pm

I think its a fairly interesting topic.  I mean I haven't commented b/c it seriously doesn't apply to me.  I don't want to be a man, and I tell my husband everyday that I know that I probably couldn't handle the level of responsibility he faces every day as a man.  I am glad that he holds the family down the way he does.  He leads the family and teaches me things as we grow together.  He is great at his job, and I am great at mine.  I like my role in the family unit and wouldn't change that for anything.  thats just me though.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic