Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhere do black leaders come from?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
baller05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baller05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where do black leaders come from?
    Posted: January 07 2006 at 9:11pm
i say the church ...how bout ya
lilkeke918 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilkeke918 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2006 at 1:03am

They don’t come from anywhere. All black people have the potential to become a leader. Its only when that person has the confidence to go against society. Only then will they become a leader. It just so happens a lot are church people.

Im an Ocean yall cats are just ponds
Sistaslick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sistaslick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2006 at 10:45am

I think the church is one of the easiest outlets for black men and women to become leaders.  Its a place that doesn't descriminate and natural talent is emphasized over a specific set education criteria.  You could not have finished highschool or any school and still become the highest position in the church.  I've always seen our church in particular as a microcosm of the real world.  People who worked as carpenters, factory workers, secretaries out in the real world were pastors, mothers, missionaries, district superintendents and other high roles in our church world.  One pastor (our now district superintendent) on our district worked for 40 years as a janitor at our local highschool.  The church gives people who don't have much power and control of things in the outside world a chance to become greater.  It gives many of us a platform that we wouldn't otherwise have which is a good thing.  Just think of the many singers (R&B and otherwise) that have their start  in the church  The Jesse Jackson's and Al Sharptons (though I may not agree with their politics at time) have transformed their ministries into political ones as well.

I agree with lilkeke though that all of us have the potential to become leaders.

BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2006 at 3:34pm

Well said.

Me I've lead since a young age. I was skipped up to the 2nd grade when I was a child because My Black Panther parents (Father & Mother taught me the real). Won honors in grade school for leadership and competition. In middle school, honor role, student body treasurer, and football team captain, track team captain.

Highschool: varsity starter as a freshman, varsity team captain in the 10th grade, honor role for 3 years in highschool, Highschool All American All academic Team, Student Body President, Blue Chip All American, Who's Who, Won scholarships in sports and academics, Graduated 3 in class. Pass the SAT and TASP the first time with high score.

College: Honarable Mention Big 8 Conference, good grades until I married an Independent Female who don't know how to respect an Alpha Male.  Grades went down because of Mad Black Woman Syndrome who wants to lead a leader, but manage to stay eligable for football. Got an agent, signed contract for 1 year - Pro Ball. Got Cut and Independent Wifey cut me too and file for divorce and childsupport. She was after money not a real MAN or leadership. Becareful young MEN, they are everywhere.

Remarried a Real Black Woman who follows the Holy Bible, not a Gold-digger who follows Slave Culture. I found a woman who values me for more than just money and NFL fame. Been leading her almost 8 years like the Bible says. She respects the Natural born leadership in me. She follows and respects what I say cause I'm not a follower. Never have been.

MEN, if they don't know how to follow, GET ANOTHER ONE THAT WILL.  

Leadership: Been doing it since childhood.

Edited by BIGGMike
Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2006 at 3:35pm
Get you some, cause everybody got it in them. They need someone to bring out sometimes.
Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2006 at 3:48pm

The church is a good place to find leadership, although we need to work on the fakeness in the church too.

To many hypocrites claiming to be saved and follow God's word, but really follow those OTHER PEOPLE with the money and power.

The more wealthy people get, the less religion they have. FACT!

Poor people are the most religous people in the world. But you need money to run for a political office. Where does the money come from?

Edited by BIGGMike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic