Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

mohawk

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fix8ed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fix8ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mohawk
    Posted: January 09 2006 at 10:30pm
hi everyone im wanting to get my hair cut in a mohawk i already have short hair but im trying to find some pics of a trendy mohawk i dont want it shaved on the sides n a big thing on top just a new trendy looking on that you she these days,
lilmountaingrrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmountaingrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2006 at 8:19am

I'm not sure if youre a girl or a guy, but this  photobucket link has some great 'hawk pictures....  I think most of the pics are of girls, but most of the cuts would work on either gender: 

http://photobucket.com/albums/b386/hawkhairfiles/

fix8ed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fix8ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2006 at 4:06pm
thanks yer im a girl cheers...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmountaingrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2006 at 9:17am

Glad the link'll work for you, then!  I think that the 'hawk style looks awesome on all the girls in the pictures, and wish I was brave enough to do it, too.  

I love the look enough that when i had my 7 month old c*cker spaniel puppy groomed two weeks ago, I had the groomer give him a mohawk (his fur is closely cropped, but not shaven completely or anything, and his 'hawk is about 3 inches long) and he's been getting so many compliments!!

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2006 at 1:14am
I wanna see the dog with a mohawk!  Got any pics?
More awesome than a manatee!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmountaingrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2006 at 6:30am

Kuroneko, I dont have any pics, but I guess that's why I have a digital camera.....  I'll take some and upload one pronto!

:-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmountaingrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2006 at 6:51am

Okay.... I got a couple shots of my baby boy. His name's Cash (named him after Johnny Cash since he's the "man in black") but he prefers to come to the name "momma's boy"

Here's the cutie.....(he's a big baby- only 7 mos. old, and already over 40 lbs, which is BIG for a purebred c*cker Spaniel)

Sorry his hair's messed up. He tends to mess up his 'hawk since he's so rambunctious and playful..... This haircut was his first one ever, and the groomer said that she will leave the mohawk from now on, so it can get longer

~oh, and I miscalculated on the length of his 'hawk.... i was guesstimating, and thought it was about 3 inches, but obviously it's shorter. His hair is cropped a little shorter then an inch, and his 'hawk is maybe 2 inches (maybe a tad longer) then the rest of his fur.~

Edited by lilmountaingrrl
gunnie71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunnie71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2006 at 9:50am

I love Your Dog Cash!!! Sooo adorable!!!

P.S  I loved the link to view women with fun trendy mohawks!  I wish my Fiance' was more liberal about my hair. Back in July 2005 when I surprised him with streaks of Fushia Pink in my hair, well, He was SHOCKED!!! He was speechles, and I got all emotional, and crying, then he comforted me and said he loves me no matter what my hair looks like. I still tease him about my wanting a mohawk. However, he thinks a woman with a mohawk, doesn't look very feminine. Oh well, I can dream.....

God Bless!

Katie ;)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmountaingrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2006 at 11:31am

Gunnie71, I'm glad that everyone's liking that link. I was so happy when i stumbled across it. I think mohawks look great on people, even us girls!!  I sure wish i was brave enough and gutsy enough to sport one.....  maybe if i was still in my 20's.....  

Oh, and i just have to say that Fiance's reaction reminds me so much of my husband!!!  I guess we should just be grateful that we have guys that say they'd love us no matter what we do to our hair!

gunnie71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunnie71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2006 at 12:48pm

Yeah, I know what you mean. I am very grateful that my soon to be hubby still loves me no matter what. He said "Katie, nothing dramatic before the wedding". Which is February 18th 2006!

Who, knows maybe I can have a mini mohawk, like Cash, LOL!!!

As a matter of fact my Fiance Steve's dad Bill and I joke about militaristic stuff, hence my nickname from (Bill soon to be father in law) calls me Gunnie! I love that!  He(Bill) said he'd loan me his army boots(combat boots) to wear under my wedding dress...LOL!!!

Plus, Bill said I'd look cute with a mohawk, he's so cool, I hope Steve(my Fiance') will take after his dad, as far as being more liberal, about my hair, oh well.

I must say, that Steve loves my natural (medium colored)red hair.

Also, Steve is such a great guy in all ways....

Thanks, Take Care, and God Bless!

Katie ;)
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 4:20am
Awwww!  *huggles the doggie*  That's just the cutest thing ever!  Do dogs use styling products like people, then?
More awesome than a manatee!
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2006 at 2:45pm

Hi to everyone!

Now I'm a newlywed, and Happy;)

However, I wish I could get a pink mohawk! Really, I think I'm going through another mini(sort a mid life) crisis! LOL,...

Believe me, if I was single, you can bet I'd have a mohawk by now with some pink!!!

Maybe One day in a few years, I'll ask Steve my hubby,..It's either a tattoo, piercing, or mohawk!! LOL, I wonder what he'll say,..;)

God Bless,...
Katie
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2006 at 3:42am

Hi,

Whenever I'm bored, or down, all I do is look at that Mohawk site, and those chicks "MO's" brighten my day!!!

I vicariously have a "MO". Thanks again for the "MO" website!!

Katie;)

God Bless,...
Katie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic