Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trouble with baby’s hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trouble with baby’s hair
    Posted: January 31 2006 at 2:24pm

My son has VERY thick bi-racial hair. His hair is wavy and fine, like my husband's, but thick and dry, like my hair.

The problem is that his scalp is VERY dry, but if I oil it, it makes his HAIR very oily. Since his hair is closer to caucasian hair, anything on it is very heavy.

Is there a product that's used on caucasian hair that moisturizes without being heavy?

manimama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manimama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 11:14pm

...hey! it's me again! ummmmm...thinking...have you tried greasing his scalp? i mean JUST his scalp. if you do try grease, you should only do it once or twice a week on DRY hair. if you do it when his hair is wet all his hair will end up greasy. if you do, just part small sections of hair and just rub a small amount along the part and rub it in a little. i use Luster's Pretty and Silky New Gro Hairdress (as i look at the jar). i like it because it is not thick like most greases and it smells really good. but as for an everyday thing, you could try...John Frieda's Frizz Ease Daily Nourishing Leave in Fortifying Spray. You can get it for $5 or $6 and it looks like a hairspray can. it is basically a spray on leave in conditioner, but it isnt heavy and it detangles too. his products are pretty good, and when it comes to me (or my baby's)skin and hair i wont settle for less. you should try it.

Shay
mslady1985@hotmail.com
Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2006 at 4:14pm

Thanks.

I can't use hair grease. Tried it, way too heavy! But your recommendation made me decide to use a light hair moisturizer. I found one (I can't remember the name of it) and I only put it on every few days or so. It goes on greasy, but his scalp drinks it up by the next day.

Hair type: who knows?
Length: 23 inches as of 3/10/06
MY HAIR IS OFFICIALLY BRA STRAP LENGTH!!
Goal: Waist Length, which is only 30 inches so
ADVISE ME ON HOW TO GET JUST 7 MORE INCHES OF GROWTH!
Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 10:31am
It's Elasta QP Mango Moisturizing Butter. GREAT for dry non-African hair (for those with bi-racial babies).
Hair type: who knows?
Length: 23 inches as of 3/10/06
MY HAIR IS OFFICIALLY BRA STRAP LENGTH!!
Goal: Waist Length, which is only 30 inches so
ADVISE ME ON HOW TO GET JUST 7 MORE INCHES OF GROWTH!
DOGMD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DOGMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 11:28pm

I massage a  small dab of  Humectress (NEXXUS) throughout my daughter's (9mo old) hair and follow it with a super tiny dab of coconut oil after I wash her hair at night.  I only wash her hair 2x weekly with aveeno baby shampoo.  This combination keeps her hair moisturized and when she wakes up in the morning her curls are soft and silky.  The hair that she sleeps on stays moisturized as well.  If I forget to put the coconut oil in her hair... the back of her head is very dry in the am.

The Key for her hair is moisturizer first followed by a small dab of very light natural oil.  (I use organic coconut oil from whole foods market)

Edited by DOGMD
4b relaxed hair
phytospecific
my hair photos: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tiaranicolesmother/album?.dir= /18c7&.src=ph
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 9:23pm
well im biracial ith caucasion texture hair and dry scalp, andwow ive tried everything over the years and my hair was WILD as a child but as you see i finally get it ( pic in profile) this is what im doing first off i use organic shampoo and conditioner that contains no sulfates i realized the sulfates made my scalp super dry to the point i was itchy. Then i use jojoba oil to condition with and WASH it out i dont leave it on to greasy and heavy like you said. When im done with this i come out and put on a leave in conditioner ( also organic). AND there we go! all these you can get at a health store. Remember biracial hair needs lots of moisturizer so look for moisturizing shampoo conditioner and leave in conditioner when you shop for the organics dont forget to get PURE jojoba oil.:)
One last note: you should not be shampooing very often there should be days you just use condtioner ( this will help bring about his natural oils on his scalp and prevent dryness) remember he is biracial so  skip some of the shampooing.

Edited by babycheeks24 - June 22 2006 at 9:35pm
Babycheeks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic