Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

~All-round Best Semi-Permanent?~

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ~All-round Best Semi-Permanent?~
    Posted: February 10 2006 at 1:03pm
Hi All,

What semi-permanent dyes do you have experience of, in what shades, and how do they rate?

I need a long-lasting, natural looking brown shade, that won't go black when it's put on Colorfixed hair!

ALSO, another question;
What kind of protein filler would you put on medium brown hair?

Thanks

Edited by aubergine
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2006 at 11:16am
Any suggestions???
KellyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2006 at 12:03pm

I don't have much experience with semi's/demi's over the counter (I know you've mentioned beauty supply stuff is not available). I have been happy with the Redken Shades EQ Demi-permanent line, but of course my experiences are only the 8 and 9 blondes. As I've mentioned.....you can find it on e-bay. Here's the color chart.....

Redken Shades EQ colors

Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2006 at 1:03pm

I've tried L'Oreal Color Gems, but strand test prior to doing the entire head.  I really like Color Gems a lot. 

Rebekah

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 12:41am
I just have little experience with natural shades-- usually I go for the bright ^_^ .
More awesome than a manatee!
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Kuroneko Kuroneko wrote:

I just have little experience with natural shades-- usually I go for the bright ^_^ .

What brand of brights do you use?
Straykitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straykitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 3:00pm
I have used Clariol Natural Instincts and Color Spa, I liked both. I like red tones, but that's the problem, not many semi permanents to choose from for red. I did go ahead and try Wella Color Charm, absolute disaster. 5 months ago put it on and the minute I started to rinse it out my hair sarted to fall out by the handfuls, never such an experience. Never had a hair problem before and only left it on 15 minutes, been 4 months before since coloring. So beware of that product, it even went on odd, stayed a bright orange never turned a purplish color like others had.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2006 at 2:16am

The semi-permanent brights I've used were Natural Instincts Exotics, but I dunno if they still make those or not (or maybe they've renamed and relabelled those shades?  *wonders*).  Mostly I used a bright red one, which showed up pretty well.  I think I used a bit plummier one, once, that I didn't like as much (it didn't come out as bright).  Semis don't come out as bright as I'd like, though, so after a while of using the red one, I traded up to a ruby red Hydrience, which was recommended on the box.

More awesome than a manatee!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic