Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

wanting diff kind hair texture-thickness?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
malewithnoidea! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malewithnoidea! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wanting diff kind hair texture-thickness?
    Posted: March 15 2006 at 5:51pm

hey all im a newbie so here goes - and a male if you didnt notice my name lol!!

ok - so i like this guys hair - is his hair nATURLALY like this or can i use something that will make it similar, i am hispanic so have kinda funny hair that goes wavy when wet it goes but fuzzy after ten minutes. loli guess its kinda thick but if theres any product that can do it that would be great.

http://i2.tinypic.com/ribryf.jpg 

http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=oh7ns2

otherwise i was thinking of having a (curly)  perm but i sitll wouldnt want my hair to be too long. can anyone suggest a decent perming lotion product, i was also wondering whether i should just use straws when applying the perm??

thanks folks and by the way great forum.

trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2006 at 3:03am

Hello and welcome!  You might get more responses, if you post this question in the Curly Hair and / or Men's Hair areas of the board. 

I'm certainly no expert on this subject, but it looks as though the guy in the photo has used a serum on his hair (usually applied to wet hair - to reduce frizz and make curls shinier and more defined).  From your description of your hair, it sounds as though a serum would help you to achieve this look too.  I wouldn't think that you would need to perm your hair to get this look (especially if your hair has any natural wave).  You could try asking your barber for styling tips too or even friends (male and female) or relatives who share your hair type.

Good luck.

Edited by trophywife
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malewithnoidea! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2006 at 11:08am

Hey thanks for the reply, the mens forum seems kinda dead at times. although i was naughty and posted there as well

I will try a serum although i have no idea what that is? i  think you are referrign to anti/de-frizz serum?

but my hair isnt that frizzy as in curly frizzy its frizzy and not wavy enough, like straight frizzy buit not actually straight lol i want defined curls... i dont know if im talking gibberish!! lol)

Thanks

Edited by malewithnoidea!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malewithnoidea! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2006 at 11:48am

how could i get my hair to look this?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 3:03am
A serum will help you to achieve defined curls.  Alternatively, you could use a mousse, although that will also give more "volume".  In the most recent picture you've used, it looks as though the guy could well have achieved the look using a mousse.  There are mousses and serums available that will enhance the curl in your hair; John Frieda's range (Frizz-Ease, although the product range is wide now and does a lot more than just tame frizz) is the most popular, but just see what's available at your local store and experiment...good luck!
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malewithnoidea! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 8:59am

thanks alot for the info trophy - your gold - hey i hope your arent really a trophy wife??? otherwise ill have to come over there and give him what for!!!

by the way i saw a product by aveda: Be curly  - anybody tried it? could that be desciribed as  a mousse type product?

http://www.aveda.com/templates/products/product_search.tmpl? KEYWORDS=be+curly

anyhow thanks very much!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 9:36am

All of the Aveda products that I have tried are truly excellent.  They smell great, feel great, aren't damaging to your hair or the environment (well, as much as possible) and, most importantly, do what they say on the tin.  I'm not familiar with the Be Curly one, though, but I'm sure some people on the Curly Hair forum could help you there...

Good luck.

Trophy Wife is just a nickname my friends gave me when I went out with a footballer and it has stuck!  How embarrassing...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic