Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bleach breakage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
verysad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verysad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bleach breakage
    Posted: March 17 2006 at 1:37am
Hello to all.  It's 2:00 in the morning and I can't sleep for thinking about my hair disaster.  So I got on the internet hoping to find a miracle and I came across this website.  I went to my salon tonight to get my usual hairstyle but tonight something went terribly wrong and my hairdresser doesn't want to admit it.  She colors my hair a dark brown and then puts in chunky blonde hightlights (stripes she calls it).  Sometimes my hair can be difficult to lift to the blonde she tries to get to so she puts me under the dryer then she always has to use a toner.  Well tonight she left me under there to long I'm guessing because as I was sitting in her chair I saw big mushy pieces of my hair falling my lap and on the floor.  She said thats okay, it will be alright and that you cannot help from overlapping a little bit of hair each time.  Well that was coming from my ends.  She should not have run the bleach through my ends again anyway.  She gave me some deep conditioner (on the house) obviously because she felt guilty.  When I got home and looked at it, all the blonde in my hair is completely fried.  I have big chunks broken off (like the whole chunky highlight is gone about where my ears start and lots of other broken pieces and very fried ends.  The brown looks to be okay.  She has done my hair about 5 times now and there has not been a problem until tonight.  What did she do wrong?  Leave me under the dryer too long?  She is not owning up to any mishap and her coworker also backed her up.  Now I'm stuck with this mess and until now I have had great strong hair.  My hair is pretty thick, long (midway down my back and naturaly curly but I blow dry and straighten it with a flat iron every other day.  I can't go without using heat on it until it gets healther because It's too curly and unruly.  Even when I used to wear it curly I would still need to use a blow dryer to style and tame it some and nowadays the curl it has is just horrible so I never wear it curly.  So what do I do now?  I am completely sick and sleepless over this.  It's dry and brittle and I am scared to even wash and dry it for fear of more breakage.  I have heard that color sometimes makes hair healthier, can I color over the blonde streaks with brown to try to hide the broken pieces better?  Is that even an option at this point?  I'm sure probably not so what do I do to help what's been done and prevent further damage?  HELP!!!!!!

Edited by verysad
Steph
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 3:00am

Hey, so sorry to hear about your experience.  Don't panic.

If I were you, I would ask your hairdresser for some more deep-conditioning treatments, on the house (obviously don't let her colour your hair ever again!)  Perhaps you could go back in there when there are lots of clients around and also the manager so they can see the full effects of the damage to your hair in the harsh light of day.  I think some free conditioning treatments and salon products is the very least they can do here!

Some products by L'Anza are often recommended by others on this site for helping brittle and damaged hair so you might want to investigate those too.

Lastly, please don't damage your hair even further by heat styling at the moment.  Maybe you could use a serum or other products to control the unrulyness and / or experiment with tying up your curly hair in a chignon type style?  Those wide headbands are also really fashionable right now so you could try wearing one of them in your air-dried hair too.

Take care and good luck...

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic