Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Diet Diary

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diet Diary
    Posted: March 25 2006 at 4:05am

I've started keeping a diet diary now.  I figured it might help if I hold myself accountable for the calories I eat.  I've been keeping it for ten days now, and I seem to do pretty well at controlling my portion sizes and calories consumed unless I eat out -_- .  Eating out first and looking up caloric content later only leads to calorie shock!  I think from now on I'll look up nutrition information online before I go out and plan what to order.  I'll also start asking for half my meal to be put in a to-go box to help control portion size.

Just yesterday I joined this website: http://www.calorie-count.com where you can keep track of calories and nutrition in foods, and calories burned from exercise.  I haven't been there long enough to show a full pattern of my eating, but so far it looks like I eat too many carbs and not enough protein.  I'd heard eating a lot of protein causes weight gain, though. . . or maybe it just depends on the sources chosen?  Guess I'd better break out the beans, gas or no gas :-P !

More awesome than a manatee!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic