Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WEDGE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WEDGEFINDER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEDGEFINDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WEDGE
    Posted: March 27 2006 at 12:42pm

I AM LOOKING FOR HOW TO CUT THE WEDGE HAIRSTYLE.  THIS IS THE HAIRSTYLE THAT DOROTHY HAMIL HAD IN THE 70'S.  IT WAS TREVOR SORBIE'S ORIGINAL HAIRCUT.  I WANT TO KNOW HOW IT IS CUT.  I NEED TO GIVE THE INSTRUCTIONS TO A SYLIST.  I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND ONE AROUND THAT KNOWS OR REMEMBERS HOW IT IS DONE. 

CAN ANYONE HELP ME!

gsmnp
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 1:29am
I think the wedge cut was mentioned by a stylist posting on one of the Short Hair boards very recently so you might want to check there.  Good luck!
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2006 at 5:54am

How short of a wedge are you looking for ? Off the nape and over the ears or more length on top. .Let me know and I will give you the info.

mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEDGEFINDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2006 at 11:53am

THANKS FOR THE REPLY.

I LIKE THE SHORTER VERSION OVER MY EARS.

I LIKE TO BE ABLE TO SEE THE STACKS OF HAIR ON BOTH SIDES AND THE BACK. 

I AM NOT MUCH ON STYLING.  GIVE ME SOME TIPS?

gsmnp
EdinburghGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdinburghGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 8:25pm
Are these links any good?

http://hairfinder.com/hairquestions/wedge.htm

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art17906.asp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WEDGEFINDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2006 at 12:48pm

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INFO ON HOW TO CUT THE WEDGE.  I DID FIND IT ON THE HAIRFINDER.  CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME TIPS ON HOW TO STYLE THE WEDGE THE BEST.  WHAT KIND OF BRUSH AND SO ON.

THANKS!

gsmnp
EdinburghGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdinburghGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2006 at 5:16pm
According to some of the ice skating fan pages, she used a curling iron to give the back some extra lift/bounce. A google search for "curling iron" and "Dorothy Hamill" will give you more details.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic