Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Could someone please help! I’m confused?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Suzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Could someone please help! I’m confused?
    Posted: April 05 2006 at 6:13pm

I need some guidance here. I have had on 2 experiences with extensions. Clip on, then I got ripped off by spending $1900 on some type of method that was with a machine that glued tips on practically strand by strand, it took 8 hours, only added length and NO body to my hair, tangled, was a mess to maintain and destroyed my real hair when they were removed. I am now back to clips, and with summer coming, I hate that I can not pull up my hair with clips and that boating and being in the wind could reveal my secret of that I were extensions.

I don't understand the lingo all of you use.

Could someone speak english to me and tell me an alternative...if there is one, that WONT DESTROY MY REAL HAIR?????

Thank you very very much...I'm desperate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charmayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charmayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2006 at 5:38pm

It sounds like you went from clips to 'fusion' hair which is the strand by strand application.  It also sounds like your extensionist use a poor grade of hair and did not provide you with the right follow up tips.  I personally prefer fusion hair because it, when applied correctly, is virtually undectectable and does little damage to your natural hair.  I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with it.  You can have the extensions braided in or sewed in...which is the only other option available that does not involve glue applications (that I recommend).  If you have questions for me, feel free to email me at Charmayns@yahoo.com.

Char

Charmaine
sammyJB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sammyJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2006 at 2:09pm

Suzz, don't let this one bad experience put you off. It sounds like you've had a really bad time with them.

There are several alternatives to the method that you had that I'm sure people on here will be able to tell you about.

Did you compain to the place you had them done? Was it a salon?

Sorry you've had a bad time. People like that should be shot!

sammyJB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sammyJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2006 at 2:52pm
Bit of advice, move this thread over to the Hair Extension forum and you'll get a greater response.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic