Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your ultimate favorite foods

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your ultimate favorite foods
    Posted: April 12 2006 at 6:43pm

Just thought I'd kick off this forum with an open-ended question thread.

What foods do you absolutely love?

Can't live without?

Eat at least once a week?

Buy no matter what?

my LJ, 40 inches long
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 7:08am

Oh Well I must say,

I love anything Italian, or Mexican.

Favs are Guacamole!!! Enchiladas too!

Pizza, all kinds.

Lasanga too.

I love spinach salads. I love feta cheese, and olives.

I love a good glass of wine, and a rich Brownie too.

Oh and I love broccoli and bananas alot too.

Omlets especially with cheese and veggies!

P.S. I love Roundy's brand "Oats and more cereal with almonds, YUM!!!.

God Bless,...
Katie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 12:09pm

I'm so hungry right now, and this forum isn't going to help any under these circomestances.

I adore avocados.

cheeses

pasta and vodka sauce

french bread

homemade stir-fried beef

broccoli salad with soy nuts and sunflower seeds.

Katie do you have any good Mexican recipes you can share? I'm always on the lookout.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by AnaisSatin AnaisSatin wrote:

I'm so hungry right now, and this forum isn't going to help any under these circomestances.

I adore avocados.

cheeses

pasta and vodka sauce

french bread

homemade stir-fried beef

broccoli salad with soy nuts and sunflower seeds.

Hey Anais,

Thanks for the new topic idea.

I adore avocadoes but my biggest problem is finding good ones.  I prefer Florida or California but here in Texas they have Texas and Mexico avocadoes which I don't like as much.  The texture is different.

I also like turkey since it is a good "hair" food.  Of course so is avocadoes. 

For snacks every day I eat Nori sheets.  They are crunchy, have almost no calories and help my hair grow better.  It looks a little crazy but I am addicted to them now. 

I also eat bananas every day or grapefruit and lots of yogurt.  Pretty boring but I try to eat healthy when possible.  It is hard here in Dallas where there is so much Mexican food everywhere.  :-(

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 3:03pm

Hi,

If you're looking for great Mexican recipes, try logging onto ABOUT.COM

There is a search part, type in Mexican recipes/ or Mexican food. You should be able to subscribe(for free) to that  emailed newsletter. Try it, it's fun!

Plus watch the food network(if you have cable). You'll get lots of ideas with anything that's sinfully delcious.

I eat small portions of alot of foods. I eat the rest for leftovers for lunch, or sometimes for breakfast!

I've aways been very active, so I barely gain weight.

So eat healthy, and yummy foods. Drinking plenty of water is healthy. Drinking any soda(diet or reg) causes bloating, water retention, I've read.

I love yougurt alot. Whole grains are great for hair, I also take vitamins, including selienium, biotin, and B-complex with added zinc.

P.S. Eggs are great for your hair too!

Katie;)

God Bless,...
Katie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 6:20pm

Oh my gosh you ladies... I LOVE the Food Network. The best thing is they aren't tedious about the exact amount of ingredients in a recipe. It's just "a little of this, a little of that", and people can adjust their recipes however they see fit to common sense.

Yummmm. .. yogurt (plain or Vanilla yogurt tastes great with granola and walnuts mixed in) I have to eat constantly because of a metabolism issue so I'm always open to new ideas for healthy snacks.

Wanna know something sinfully delicious?

French bread with vanilla ice cream!!!!!

my LJ, 40 inches long
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 7:48pm
I'm having a hard time answering these questions because I want to say "all of it!" to every one.  I try to get a balance of the food groups, and I think that helps keep me healthy.  I enjoy snacking on nuts (and legumes), trail mix type of stuff, and have a sweet tooth that favors sweetened dark chocolate (60-70%).  I haven't yet met a chocolate chip cookie that needed to be discarded.
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2006 at 12:02am

Just reading this is making me hungry,lol.

I love scrambled eggs cooked with ground sausage.I could eat that every day.One weird thing I really like is dry egg noodles.I know pretty weird,but they're perfect.The texture,flavor,everything.

hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2006 at 1:00pm
I eat sugar-free applesauce mixed with ground flax seeds every day. Flax is supposed to be good for you, so I eat it.  I like yogurt, fruits and veggies, and "bad" foods like chips and sweets. I try to limit it. I don't have any weight issues yet. Luckily so far my skinny genes are still going strong, even after 2kids. I'm trying to keep them on a balanced diet. They can eat a little junk, but I make sure they eat lots of whole foods as well. I don't buy juice or soda. If the kids have something besides water, it's diluted kool-aid. Almost as good as just plain water. 
eileeninCO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eileeninCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2006 at 1:01pm

Salmon is the best source of protein and omega oils for women's skin. I eat it several times a week, sometimes for breakfast or a snack when I have smoked salmon.

I don't know how or if salmon can help with hair though.

katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2006 at 8:35am

I love grilled salmon!

Yes Salmon, albacore Tuna, are just some ways to get healthy essential fatty omega acids. Heart protection, as well as great for skin, and hair, great for depression too.

Omegas are also, go for preventing cancer, I think.

Plus the protein from those(and other fish), helps your whole body, including your hair.

God Bless,...
Katie
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 1:04pm

I love the Food Network, I love watching it and getting ideas.  They also recommend great restaruants on the Roker Show and another show for your travels.

Karen...How do you determine if an avocado is ripe or good? I'm interested in adding them to my meals and I can never figure it out.

As for answering the questions...

What foods do you absolutely love? I love baked chicken, shrimp scampi, crab leggs, pineapple, french fries..sweets( I have  recently cut down on those) Strawberry Yogurt. Town house crackers. O yeah...I like vegetarian whoppers from Burger King ( no patty whatsoever, just the veggies)

Can't live without? Pine apples and cottage cheese...LOVE IT. 

Eat at least once a week?Chicken...French fries( either deep fried or baked ) are my special treat on Fridays.

Buy no matter what?Chicken and Turkey.  It's funny because I can go days without meat. The Fridays that I do eat them I either buy them from a restaruant or open a bag of frozen fries and bake them( the healthier alternative)

Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2006 at 7:54am

Vodka Sauce? Explain!

Chocolate of course!

Duck and Orange Sauce with Fried Rice.

Most chicken and rice dishes whether it's curry or Chinese sauces.

Sushi.

Cold Pizza.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2006 at 6:25pm

Vodka sauce is a cheesy pasta sauce with literally vodka. The sauce is a rather bright orange, but it tastes fabulous. It's also extremely fattening and cholesterol-laden though!

I let my avocados sit until they are moldable at the touch. It's so hard to explain, isn't it...

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2006 at 2:30am

Sounds nice!

I've given up on calorie counting ever since I made a 1200 calorie curry which was great! As long as it isn't every week then something like that is okay.

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2006 at 4:02am
Grilled chicken, salad made with Romaine lettuce (other stuff, too, of course, but I especially like Romaine), yogurt, whole wheat bread, turkey, green apples, carrots, broccoli, lowfat milk, Kashi Golean cereal (I'm on a kick of eating that), soup, and corn.  That's just the short list :-P .  *really needs to get some groceries in the house*
More awesome than a manatee!
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2007 at 11:00am
Can I dig up an old topic?  Smile

What foods do you absolutely love?  almost anything mexican, a good homemade hamburger, fried catfish and hushpuppies, beans and cornbread, homemade vanilla ice cream, cheerios (original kind, not sweetened), grilled chicken, tuna sandwitch, roast cooked with potatoes and carrots, peanutbutter (with jam or honey Wink), crackers and cheese, chocolate, oreos and milk, gummy worms, I could go on and on.......

Can't live without?  meat!!! (serious carnivore here) Hershey's dark chocolate, milk, orange juice, apricot preserves, hot tea

Eat at least once a week?  ?

Buy no matter what?  chocolate

p.s. I'm the "a little of this, a little of that" kind of cook, I love spicing up all kinds of foods by adding whatever sounds good at the time
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2007 at 3:19pm
Hey Hairbraider

Can you tell us more about your hushpuppies? Do you have a family recipe you can share?

Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2007 at 3:30pm
I'm sorry, no I don't.  Wish I did!  I don't know anyone who is able to make a good homemade hushpuppy.  We usually buy them from Long John Silver's (fastfood seafood place for those who don't know).  I don't like any of their other food, but their hushpuppies are wonderful!  Either that or we buy frozen ones from the grocery store and deep fry them ourselves.

edited to add:  I just happened to think, some of you may not know what they are, especially those who aren't from the US.  Hushpuppies are a sort of cornbread type batter made into a ball and deep fried.

Edited by hairbraider - January 18 2007 at 3:38pm
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
LavenderPink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LavenderPink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2008 at 5:41am
I love sashimi (raw fish thinly sliced) with hot wasabe and shoyu sauce, butterfish grilled, shrimp tempura, Pho' vietnamese noodles in soup with LOTS of basil, birds nest soup (chinese made), steak, garlic shrimps, and  ALMOST ANYTHING WITH Garlic!!! Im a GARLIC LOVER!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic