Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

REMOVAL HELP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
1kathyann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1kathyann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: REMOVAL HELP
    Posted: April 19 2006 at 1:06pm

Hello I am new here as far as posting, I have been reading through many post for a while, I have been wearing great lengths for over a year and this time I am trying some different ones, thay are pre-tipped with glue. I need some advice on the removal of these glued ones they seem to leave alot of glue in my hair. Any tips or advice to make the removal easier I would greatly appreciate!

Thanks

PRNCEZZRAL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRNCEZZRAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 1:59pm
I just removed mine and I used acetone on the mega hair keratin glue based bonds and alcohol on my hair dreams bonds (hair dreams are similar to great lengths). I soaked a cotton ball in the solution and applied it to the bond and crunched with pliers and then pulled out the bond and combed out the residue. I dont really think anything would make this process easy except maybe sleeping with heavy conditioner to loosen some bonds.
Paula Jayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paula Jayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 2:20pm
What kind of acetone are you guys using? Could I remove my own GL hair extensions instead of paying them 50.00 an hour to take them out?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRNCEZZRAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 2:33pm

i bought pure acetone and alcohol at sallys beauty supply and used that. I did not really want to pay the fee to get mine taken out either It did take me many hours to get all of them out this way.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paula Jayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 2:49pm
You used both? acetone (Nail polish remover) and alcohol? I am by far not a hairdresser or have no idea what to do, How do I get them out?
Shirilyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shirilyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 2:55pm

You know, I really do hate the fact that they charge so much for a removal. This is what makes my job harder. I think what she is saying is you can use the acetone first, then take the removal pliers or tweezers and pinch down on the bonds, they will start to crumble up. There will still be some residue in the hair so don't think your done. Take your time, your gonna be up awhile. It is a long process........if the acetone doesn't work use the alcohol.

Shiry

http://www.myspace.com/texashairextensionqueen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paula Jayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 3:05pm
I am scared to do it.. I am not using pliers or tweezers on mine. I may just pay them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRNCEZZRAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 3:22pm
I used two removers becuase I had 2 kinds of extensions in my hair. I used the alcohol on the hair dreams bonds (acetone did not work). I used acetone for the megahair bonds (they are a keratin based bond that is not as hard). I used pliers and had no problem. I also crushed the hair dreams with my hands after applying the alcohol. They crumble easily when you soak them . My extensionist uses the pliers when she removes them and I think most extensionists use them so I would not be too concerned about using them but if you do not think you can get them out safely I would go back to your extensionist.
1kathyann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1kathyann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 3:38pm

I have no problem removing the GL, I currently have ones with glue bonds in and took a couple out and it was messy, not sure if I am doing it right, I was hoping someone could give me some advice on taking them out with the oil and heat so my whole head is not one clump of glue.

Thanks!

sarytyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarytyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 5:55pm
For better results be sure to use straight acetone from Sally's or another beauty supply and not nail polish remover.  Nail polish remover may work but will take a bit more since it has other ingredients as well.  Use as little as possible to break down the bonds and stay away from your hair if possible.  Acetone can be very drying!
1kathyann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1kathyann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 9:54pm

I can remove the glue bonds with acetone instead of oil and heat??

if so do i use pliers on them like i do when removing the GL??

Edited by 1kathyann
sarytyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarytyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 11:07pm
Yep, by using the pliers you allow the acetone to get to the entire bond and dissolve it.
natchanel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natchanel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2013 at 7:08am
$50 is NOT a lot for removal. Time is money and if that's too much money for you, DONT get extensions and waste someones time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic