Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Prom Styles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KMSGirl2007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMSGirl2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prom Styles
    Posted: April 09 2003 at 7:25pm
I have shoulder length (rests right on the shoulders) hair that is brown with a lot of blonde highlights. My dress is pink and strapless. I'm very tan. I would like a curlier style for my up-do, but don't know which one, or how to choose! Please help! I'm on limited time! I would like to do a lot of dancing with this up-do...
cait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2003 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by KMSGirl2007 KMSGirl2007 wrote:

I have shoulder length (rests right on the shoulders) hair that is brown with a lot of blonde highlights. My dress is pink and strapless. I'm very tan. I would like a curlier style for my up-do, but don't know which one, or how to choose! Please help! I'm on limited time! I would like to do a lot of dancing with this up-do...

Hello!:) You've already got the dress, so now it's time to focus on your hair. You've got tons of options open - so you've got to make a few decisions to narrow them down a bit.

1. You said you've got brown hair, but you didn't mention whether it was naturally straight or not. You didn't say it was curly, so I'm assuming it's straight. If this is the case, then a whole head of curls might be a bit risky - naturally straight hair sometimes doesn't hold curls for a whole night. It depends on the person concerned. If your heart is set on curls all the way, you will definitely have to do a trial run to check your hair is suitable!

2. Do you want to leave some hair down or put all of it up? If you're dancing a lot, having some hair down might irritate you when it starts getting hotter. On the other hand, how confident are you about the part of your back exposed by the strapless dress? Do you want to hide it a bit with your hair or show it off?

3. Are you going to do your hair yourself or get a stylist involved? This will seriously affect your options. A stylist may have some good ideas for curly styles, plus having an extra pair of hands will really help if you're trying to curl the back of your head. Doing it yourself limits your options.

You were probably looking for a straight answer rather than some more questions, but thinking about these things will actually help you pick a style. If you don't want to curl everything, you could try pulling a few bangs loose and curl those to frame your face, or if you put your hair up, you could pull some strands free and curl them. You don't have to curl everything to create a beautiful curly style.

When you're using curls, ribbon accessories and/or flowers can look really pretty. Bear that in mind.

Ok, finally a few ideas:

A simple sounding but pretty look involves curling all your hair and then braiding random tiny sections of your hair and securing these with clear hair ties.

Another idea could be to pull all your hair into a ponytail and secure, then curl the loose ends and pin up. See Style 4483 in the HairBoutique gallery.

Personally, if I was dancing a lot, I'd definitely put all of my hair up and put dozens of pins in place!

Hope some of that helps!
~ Cait x
JenniferHebert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JenniferHebert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2014 at 3:22am
You has to select hair style which suits you as well as durable also while dancing. Best prom hair style for short hair is The Sleek, Sophisticated Bob. You can also select other, according to your need and dressing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic