Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Color Disaster Even Happens To Media!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
administrater View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Color Disaster Even Happens To Media!
    Posted: May 16 2006 at 10:58am
Neither Hair Nor There
by
Catherine (Kit) Kelly
http://www.thecharter.ca/index.cfm?iid=1383&sid=9913

My hairdresser listened carefully, as she always does, and I requested a shampoo, cut, style, dye and foil streaks; auburn in colour.

I so enjoyed the shampoo, the massage, the dye and even the streaking process. Those foils are something else. Little pieces of metal sticking off from your head, presenting a space-like being that has just landed in confusion and disarray.

Really, I was half asleep most of the time and when I was completed, I heard, 'OK, you're done. You have the streaks you asked for’. I looked in the mirror and it all looked lovely to me.

When I arrived home, fully awake, I stood in the sun and I looked in the mirror. Shrieking, I ran out of the room, ran back, looked again and I couldn't believe my eyes. I was orange… orange streaks. Streaks on a lovely cut that seemed to flame up from my scalp in wave after wave of incinerator orange, screaming, 'Get me outta hair, Get me outta hair!'

I ran to the telephone, called my hairdresser and I began in a hoarse voice, 'Another trip, they gotta be covered!’ Slam! (Her husband had answered and he thought I was a 'press 9, you just won a trip' call.)

Finally, I got through and I was so graciously invited back to be re-covered that I relaxed and we all had a grand laugh.

Since I know full well that my hairdresser did exactly as I had requested, I guess I learned a lesson, 'Be careful what you ask for'.    
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic