Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Article on Reality Hair Makeovers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
utopiaschild View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote utopiaschild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Article on Reality Hair Makeovers
    Posted: May 17 2006 at 1:31pm
I just wanted to comment on the article, "Reality Hair Makeovers - America's Next Top Model" posted on Feb. 27, 2005. I agree with most of the article concluding that to be in the modelling industry, it takes versatility and a willingness to change with little reaction. However, I don't agree with the poster's comment that, "The reality of the situation is that neither anti-curlism or racism was involved." Black Racism is very much alive in that show just as it is present in our everyday society (as pointed out in the court cases presented in the article). The fact that African American women have to be pegged as having attitudes is even more racist; there have been others that have not enjoyed their makeovers. But, I don't wish to go into a long message about my views over the problems with the changes that women of color have to undergo to be made "beautiful" in America's eyes, but i will pose this question concerning "hair makeovers," do you ever think that Tyra will have a contestant be made over from having long, voluminous shiny blonde straight hair to having a large, voluminous, shiny black kinky afro???
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic