Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need to find a wig, International Wigs is horrible
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need to find a wig, International Wigs is horrible

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Aingli_Deas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aingli_Deas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need to find a wig, International Wigs is horrible
    Posted: May 27 2006 at 8:01pm
After being insulted repetedly by internationalwig.com owner I am getting even more frustrated. I guess all the times I almost bought from them there was a reason I didn't, if you want customer service, this is not the place Angry. I have just been searching for a wig with a natural copper/orange color. I own one that is near perfect aside from the highlights in color 145C. Does anyone know of a company that makes a headband wig in a natural copper/orange based red? Think the redhead from desperate housewives but a little lighter. Thanks.

I own a wig in 130 and it is sadly far too bright and red for me to be anything natural (and seems to be suggested often).  LOL
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2006 at 9:24pm
Hi I just bought a wig from there myself.i just would like to know what problems you are having.I am not having to good of an experience myself.

I ordered five days ago.I noticed it took two days to take the money out the bank.At which point I assumed they would have shipped my order out.Thats how other business's I've ordered from work.They dont take out your money until they ship it.So When I didnt get a confirmation email,I emailed them Asking if I could be updated on my order.They said that they take out the money immediately.but I know thats not true since it took two days to take out the money.

I dont really care about that so much as how long its taking to ship out my order.I could understand if it were a custom order.Or something on backorder.But its not.I have never known any company to take five days to ship out an order.And since its the weekend and a holiday its obvious they wont be doing anything til at least tuesday.Cry 

This isnt the first time I had crappy servince with them either.The first time it took them Two weeks! to call me to say they didnt have the hair I ordered.But I got a refund that time.I wish I had remembered that before ordering again from them.i just hope I get it soon,or they call so I can order from someone more reliable.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aingli_Deas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2006 at 9:36pm
Well, I emailed asking about similar colors to the 145C, she says no company makes any shade near it and that it was some odd color (it's probably one of the more natural red colors, no one is born with crayon red hair and she insists that is the natural color most redheads are born with). I assumed it was like some representitive who didn't really know so I asked to speak with someone else who may know more about colors, then she got rude and insulting and acted like the big bad owner of a wig company who is all knowing about hair and hair colors. She insists my hair is some oddly freakish shade that is unnatural and that I'm a witch because of this (granted it is almost exactly the same color as the lady on desperate housewives whos hair is natural and I have met many natural redheads with my color), she called me a b*tch and wench even. I am really shocked that this person has been allowed to own a business. She's been responding to emails at least today and last night, she's on weird hours, so it should ship since she has had the time to insult me and be on at 1:30 in the morning. Dead

I can recommend some places if you'd like, depending on the wig you are buying. I have had good experiences with some eBay sellers, (karen's wigs is so helpful with color selection especially) and wowwigs.com and lfhair.com (when they sold a ton of forever young wigs). I guess my conscious was right this time around!

Edited by Aingli_Deas - May 27 2006 at 9:38pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aingli_Deas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2006 at 9:58pm
http://www.sandiego.bbb.org/commonreport.html?compid=30002471 they have a record with the BBB appearantly. I guess you should have it cancelled and find some place else!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2006 at 2:00am
Thanks for filling me in.Too bad I cant do anything right now.I've made up my mind though,if its not shipped out on tuesday I'm gonna cancel and take my business elsewhere.Luckily I ordered a wig I've seen on  plenty of other sites for the same price.

I cant beleive they resorted to name calling.How petty.And you are right about the color.Thats a pretty ordinary red.

And I cant get over how many complaints they have with the BBB.I'm suprised they are still able to stay open.

Edited by Longhairdreams - May 28 2006 at 2:02am
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2006 at 10:40pm
Someone had posted some email from this shop owner on the extension forum and it was not very flattering. I emailed asking if their shrinkies were adhesive line and got a "who wants to know!?" response and a "LOL" at the end. Very strange.

A friend of mine ordered a package of blonde keratin nail tips from there and they were pure white and busted into little chips. They were supposed to look like actual nailbeds to make fusion hair. When an email was sent asking for an exchange, the site never responded.

And, it's just hella obnoxious with all the colors, moving heads and talking cartoon characters there.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2006 at 2:18pm
Thats awful amm.I read alot of emails that were so rude from them.I thought I was the only one who hated the talking heads,lol.I always turn down the volume when I go on their site.

Luckily I got my wig. The wig is caput.But it wasnt IW's fault.
Whitecaps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitecaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2006 at 2:35pm
Have you tried a company by the name of Look of Love?
I went to a local salon/spa because I had a gift certificate and decided to get a pony tail clip on piece with curls.
They combined two swatches of haircolor to come up with a match for my own.
Unfortunately, I changed my haircolorist and they botched up my haircolor so now I am trying to find someone who can replicate that ponytail color on my colortreated hair.
Oh well...
Try Look of Love. I really love the hairpiece and it is a "custom-color" If you send some of these internet hairpiece places a swatch of your haircolor they can match it, so I am told.
Good Luck I hope you find the shade you need!!  
elle10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elle10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2006 at 3:41pm
the cheapest way woulod be to purchase form chinese vendors which do custom units
sebrianne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebrianne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2007 at 7:34pm
International Wig is literally the only site I've been offended by. I still can't believe the woman had the nerve to- ok, let me tell you what happened to me-

After making my first purchase which I can only hope will still come now, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't. Anyway, I went back to the site to browse and figured I should leave reviews for what wigs I have tried before since I find customer reviews to be helpful (or so I thought)

I left very polite, honest, and fair reviews, but apparently anything less than 5 out of 5 stars was enough to piss the customer service chick off and she immediately flagged my account, sent a couple retarded sounding and rude emails to me and when she finally got to the point- which was that reviews are only allowed to be positive and I'm not even making this up- instead of just not posting the reviews I left, she had the nerve TO CHANGE THEM.... and then posted them. With my name.

I'm still in shock over that...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic