Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

~Help with Best Conditioners for Dry Hair~

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Blondie1972 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ~Help with Best Conditioners for Dry Hair~
    Posted: June 14 2006 at 5:44pm
Hi everyone! *big wave*

Could I please ask you all for some recomendations of your best/ favourite conditioners out there.   My hair is lightened with bleach every three to four weeks and as you know, that can really do a number on the health of your hair. 

I know opinions will vary, but instead of continuing to spend/waste money on conditioners that I'm not all that pleased with, I thought I'd see what everyone on here who colours/ bleaches their hair think are great products.

I am basically looking for the most moisturizing conditioners for dry/damaged/coloured/blonde lightened by bleach hair.  I'd be happy to try leave in, rinse out, treatments... any type of hair conditioners that you think are great.

I am currently using Ecru Luxe Shampoo and Ecru Protective Silk Conditioner along with their serum (http://www.ecrunewyork.com/ecru/).  I like Ecru very much~ especially the shampoo and serum, but the conditioner just doesn't quite nourish and moisturize as much as I'd hope for (beautiful scent with all Ecru products though). 

I also have also recently tried Pureology and am impressed so far.  Love the scent and found the volume conditioner to be more moisturizing than many other salon quality products I have used.   Haven't tried Pureology 'Nanoworks', but am thinking I'd like to~ hoping maybe someone on here has and can comment on it.

Weirdly enough, the BEST conditioner I have EVER tried is the little conditioning tube that comes with L'Oreal Excellence and Blondissima box hair colours!  Now that I am trying to only go to the salon to get my hair coloured, I don't really have access to the little tubes of conditioner anymore :(

Anyway~ it would be hugely appreciated if you could take a minute to let me know which products have impressed you so far.  If you think there are specific shampoos or other hair products that are great and nourishing for the same type of hair, I'd love to hear about them too!

Thanks so much!

Blondie 

Edited by Blondie1972 - June 14 2006 at 5:53pm
nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2006 at 6:16pm
 am a bleach junkie, and a hair product junkie!
ok.....my favorite conditioners (at this moment):  Tigi moisture maniac conditioner, Cantu shea butter leave in conditioner, Neutrogena triple moisture leave in and deep treatment conditioners.......i also have very good success with L'oreal colorvive conditionerTongue
chinastop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinastop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2006 at 6:31pm
Hello, I've seen the deep conditioner tubes that come with Feria at Sally's. You can buy them individually.
XoNikchick04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XoNikchick04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2006 at 8:31pm
Hi there,
I have bleached/damaged hair as well, and have tried quite a few different conditioners.  Of the ones I've tried, even the professional products, I have to say that right now I'm most impressed with Dove's deep conditioner for lightened hair, in the pink bottle.  It just makes my hair feel sooo soft and silky, and I think my hair looks best when I use this conditioner as well.  I just spent a ton of money on some Goldwell shampoo/conditioner from the salon, but I find myself using the Dove more often.  It's only about $5, so worth a try.  :)

Nikki

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2006 at 12:04am
Thanks for the responses!  Appreciated!
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2006 at 10:57am
For damaged and coloured hair , I recommend AUSSIE 3 minute miracle conditioner, smells great, and leaves your hair soft, silky, and shiny.
karen sanderson
Tinkerbelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2006 at 9:46pm
I love Redken Super Soft conditioner/ well shampoo too. 
The Redken clear moisture is nice also.

For a deep condition, I like Joico Kpack hair moisture mask

and for a leave in condition I love Kenra Light leave in conditioner! 

(I bleach and color also...and it keeps my hair super soft!)
arcanjo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arcanjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2006 at 8:55am

Though I don't have blonde hair, it is color treated and chemically straightened.  I have had good results with the Sleek.Look line from Matrix.  The good thing about it is that it's a salon product and now you can find it at Walgreens at a reasonable price.  Also, what I found has made a MAJOR difference for my hair is a shower filter.  I bought a showerhead with filter at Lowe's for about $30 and it's the best thing I could've done.  It's not that expensive either, you only change your filter about every 4 months and the filter refills are $10.  So $30 a year for smooth hair doesn't seem like much.  Hope this helps.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2006 at 4:31pm
Thanks again for the tips everyone!

The comment about the filter is a great idea too!  I have been told that before and really need to look into actually doing that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2006 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Tinkerbelle Tinkerbelle wrote:

I love Redken Super Soft conditioner/ well shampoo too. 
The Redken clear moisture is nice also.

For a deep condition, I like Joico Kpack hair moisture mask

and for a leave in condition I love Kenra Light leave in conditioner! 

(I bleach and color also...and it keeps my hair super soft!)

Tinkerbelle~

Where do you get Kenra?  (I'm in Ontario!)

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic