Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do you use round brushes?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hairtroublelv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairtroublelv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you use round brushes?
    Posted: June 24 2006 at 9:33pm
I just bought one, and I noticed there were different sizes.  I don't know if I got the correct size.  I have thin hair.  Little past my shoulders, blonde. 

So how do you use round brushes.. AND what do the different sizes do and is there a specific size I should get?  I'm looking for VOLUME! 

Thanks!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2006 at 12:55am
I bought a small one once at a dollar store just to see what it would do for me.  I use it every once in a while, but still not sure if I'm using it right.  Basically I just lift the hair up on it and point the blow dryer across the top of the brush while turning the brush around slowly.  I have to be careful with it or it'll make a weird "bump" in my hair :-P .
More awesome than a manatee!
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2006 at 1:30pm
I would think for volume you would want a big one if your hair is shoulder length.  If you want curl use a smaller diameter.  You need to check about the bristles too though.  Some are too harsh for fine hair and cause breakage.  I like the softer ones with a metal core.  The metal acts like a hot roller and really makes hair look nice.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2006 at 2:01pm
I've been using a round brush and blowdryer to style my hair for about 7 years. For shoulder-length and longer, get a large brush. It will smooth and add volume. Practice makes perfect. I dry my hair about 3/4ths of the way dry while flipping my hair upside-down, then I flip it over and use the round brush on my hair to style while drying it the rest of the way.  You will have to experiment, I've had my share of lumps and bumps now, but I've found the technique that works for me.

I forgot to add:  I like the metal core, and recently discovered that you can get a brush with a metal core, and boar brush bristles mixed in with plastic-tipped bristles. These brushes are awesome! I found mine at walmart.

Edited by hannebash - July 02 2006 at 2:03pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic