Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

acrylic nails???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tanjuska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanjuska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: acrylic nails???
    Posted: July 21 2006 at 8:27am
i ahve a question about acrylic nails... I have brittle nails, so i was thinking getting acrylic.  i heard they help strenghten nails- is this true? my sister on the other hand says it will make the situation worse. Anyone had acrylic nails?  Will  they help my situation? 
Thanks in advance!
naildiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naildiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2006 at 9:03am
Acrylic will not strengthen your nails.  They will add a protective coating to them, but once that is removed, you nails will still be brittle.  They will not make the situation any worse, though, assuming you are going to a reputable technician who cares for the natural nail.  there are a lot of salons out there who just dont care and end up damaging your nails.  ACRYLIC DOES NOT RUIN OR DAMAGE NAILS!  If there is damage, it is the TECHNICIANS FAULT!  Sorry for yelling, but I get tired of repeating myself  :)  Anyway, acrylic is a quick fix, but if you are interested in growing your own nails, I would seek out a qualified nail technician, get a few manicures and get some recommendations.  Cuticle oil and strengthener are your best bets, but it is hard to recommend one without seeing the condition of your nails first hand.
Jessica81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2006 at 3:45pm
I think they will look better, but it makes your real nails worse. BUT I don't know much about it, and reading Naildiva's post makes me think differently.
tanjuska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanjuska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2006 at 1:39am
ok... thanx naildiva... no need for yelling ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic