Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why do we mess with something that works?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KellyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why do we mess with something that works?
    Posted: August 10 2006 at 12:03pm
Why in the world do we mess with something that works?

<vent>
I had found the proper mixture of Clairol Complements Demi 10A and 8A to use once a month to darken my light blonde ends that fade. It matches about 4 inches of natural growth perfectly!

Well, last night I decided to use 8A only thinking that it might last longer. <sigh> now, my ends are too ash. ARRGGGHHH! I hate the 'waiting to fade'  and 'washing like crazy' phases!
</vent>

Edited by KellyH - August 10 2006 at 4:49pm
222chik222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2006 at 8:37pm
lol yeah i think its just human mentality...we always think "what if we do...." and yeah then it stuffs up.
meli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2006 at 1:16am
yea...seems like everything in life (relationships, etc).  we can't accept that something might be perfect
gizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2006 at 3:36am
I do it cause of the change.

It's crazy sometimes; but fun.

And I think I always see things differently than what others say about my hair.

Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2006 at 6:04pm
I guess if you don't take a chance you'll never know. By taking the chance you could have proved it to be right (though not this time ). When that happens to me (and I don't seem to learn my lesson) -- for example, when I order from VS and get the stuff and send it ALL right back because of poor quality) -- is make a mental note NOT to do that EVER again. Then when the catalog comes and I "forget" I say "No, no, REMEMBER what happened last time!," and I finally trust myself. So, either make a mental note or even write it down. I think it's a pretty good idea myself. Write it on a slip of paper and put it next to the  mirror or in the drawer with your comb!
KellyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2006 at 9:00pm

Thanks y'all! And I do know where I went wrong. First of all, if I was going to try darker, I should have mixed it with a Neutral or Gold. Secondly, using a Demi I should have washed and dried my hair first vs coloring hair that had products on it.

Oh well......I will probably try fixing it vs washing and waiting to fade. It's not bad, but I know it's different. And ultimately WE are the ones who fret over it, right? ;)

btw Alayney.....my favorite style of bra is from VS. It's the only one I buy!
Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2006 at 3:58am
Well, I do agree they have SOME good stuff because I did used to have some bras and bottoms that I liked a lot too. I personally just feel their clothing is no good (that's what I was mainly talking about) -- I've just never had any luck with it. But then again, that's not their specialty is it? 

Edited by Alayney - August 14 2006 at 4:02am
KellyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2006 at 8:37pm
Wahoo! Issue solved.....I used a shampoo cap (twice) with a 10G on the ends only. Worked perfectly!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic