Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

dont grow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dont grow
    Posted: August 30 2006 at 8:15pm
 my nails dont grow and if they do its just a little and they come out looking bad, what do i need to do i need a good  plan.
Babycheeks
naildiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naildiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2006 at 10:51am
Your nails DO grow!  approximately 1/8 inch a month to be exact.  The thing with natural nails is they are constantly abused and worn down so you dont notice growth.  Home maintenance for natural nails:
1. Wear gloves when doing dishes, housework, yard work, etc.
2. Use a soft file and file in one direction when shaping nails (side to center, then the other side to center)
3. Use a good nail strengthener daily
4. Use a good quality cuticle oil several times daily.
5. Manicure your nails weekly.  I suggest going in and getting a professional manicure (not a $10 cheapie one) and listening to the technicians suggestions for your individual nails.  they will also have oils and strengtheners.  Oh, and if she has glass nail files, get one of those - LOVE THEM!  You can maintain your nails at home after that, but pro manicures are the best way to take care of your nails. (And Im not just saying that cuz I do nails!)
6.Remember your nails are jewels - not tools!

Natural nails take a lot of care and maintenance, but with some effort, you will have gorgeous nails!
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2006 at 11:25am
thank you for the advice.
Babycheeks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic