Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair color problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tfsmoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfsmoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair color problems
    Posted: September 03 2006 at 10:29pm
when i color,my ends are always darker than the top of my hair,whether its all over coloring or roots only.any suggestions?  
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2006 at 9:45pm
 That is because ends are porous and grab more color. (I have had the opposite problem,ends are too light) You could try starting with the roots and middle first and then the ends. A good trim may help.

Edited by julesyjul88 - October 05 2006 at 11:45pm
mahoganyjj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahoganyjj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 8:19pm
Your correct jules'....lol...hi everybody!...depending on what shade your starting with and how many levels away from the desired color you are...you should actually  begin from mid-strand....then going up to the roots...and for the finish ...10 minutes till you rinse...the ends...are last because of their porosity.. the usual method of applying to the roots first...doesn't really apply....unless your hair is virgin'---jet black...or your covering greys'....and if you have 'progressive' coloring in which you have literally colored your hair so much that it has layers of colors which concentrate due to the porosity....you should be beginning mid-strand so as to give the darker hair a head start in lifting...because the heat from your scalp will always process the color faster at the roots...Thumbs%20Up
J.J.
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2006 at 11:49pm
Helllo mahogany! thank you. Haircolor boxes always say to the roots first (which I never do) because you are right it does process faster and then you get roots that are lighter/brighter then the rest of the hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic