Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is the best mineral makeup?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Precious Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Precious Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is the best mineral makeup?
    Posted: September 04 2006 at 1:04pm
I have heard about so many that I don't know which one is best. Here is what I want to consider:

1. How much coverage does it give?
2. Does it work well with oily skin?
3. How much does it cost?
manstoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manstoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2006 at 4:26pm
I really like Bare Minerals...I haven't tried any others because I am satisfied with it...Others could probably share some insight into the other brands...If you decide to check out Bare Minerals try QVC.com or the TV specials, that way you will get more for the $$$...
www.manstoppers.com
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2006 at 6:57pm
im about to start useing everydayminerals there the same as bare minerals but half the price.
Babycheeks
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2006 at 8:09pm
I use bare minerals and love it. I have oily skin and it works great. It gives great coverage yet looks very natural. There is a starter kit at Ulta that brings 2 full size foundations, I mineral veil, and I warmth power. It also includes a brush. The kit is $45 dollars and some times they have a $5 off coupon. That is a great deal, considering I use to wear Elizabeth Ardern Mousse foundation which costs $30 by itself. I like EA, but I love bare minerals and costs much less. It makes my skin look healthy, never causes me to break out, doesn't come off on my clothes, and I can even fall asleep with it. So to me it is just great. I'm waiting for babycheeks to let me know how the everyday minerals works. If it does work as well as bare minerals, I'll give it a try.
Precious Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Precious Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2006 at 8:21pm
How long does the coverage last? I go to highschool and one of my teachers only lets us go to the bathroom once a week and I only have time to go to the bathroom like once a day (At school)
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2006 at 1:09pm
It lasts a long time. To be honest I have never really timed it LOL. But I can tell you that if you live in cold climate it will last all day. If it is hot or/and humid, you might have to touch up once a day. And even if you don't get a chance to touch up, you'll still have enough to look good.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2006 at 4:19pm
okay the everyday minerals is really good ive just used it id go ahead and give it a try and save some money! id have to say its just like the bare minerals.
everydayminerals.com :) have fun!
Babycheeks
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2006 at 2:02pm

Awesome! As soon as I run out of my current supply of BM I will be giving it a try. Thanks for the update girl!

meli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 1:12am
Do any of you know how much coverage the Bare Minerals and Everyday Mineral have?  Is it light, medium or heavy coverage?  And does it actually cover freckles like it claims, or is it primarily for evening out skin tone?  It seems weird that powder could work so well and last so long. Thanks for the help! :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 12:05pm
i am not sure about coverage and freckles and all that because i dont have any sort of specks on my face im real clear faced so i dont know, but my mom uses everyday minerals and she has some freckles and such it covers her up just fine. Anyways it wont hurt to try it the everday minerals has a sample packageo n there website all you pay is shipping like 4 bucks and you get foundation, blush etc..
Babycheeks
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2006 at 12:08pm
Meli-I would say BM offers light-medium coverage. I have freckles and I can still see them after applying BM, although I don't try try cover them. If you use more of the product, you will acheive greater coverage. I use very little, except on blemishes where I am able to acheive full coverage when I need to.

Babycheeks, where can one purchase everyday minerals? Is the product oil free?

Precious Girl-I can't believe your teacher only allows you one bathroom break per week! All it takes is one classmate who probably took advantage to ruin it for everyone else! Boo!
Follow Your Bliss

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2006 at 12:22pm
everdayminerals.com

you can buy a sample package for about 4 bucks! wont hurt to try it cheaper then BM by a long shot!

and every day minerals is even more natural then BM, it contains less stuff then the BM does.

Edited by babycheeks24 - September 13 2006 at 12:23pm
Babycheeks
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 10:56am
Thanks babycheeks! I will definitely check it out!
Follow Your Bliss
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic