Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tape on wefts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bluesapphire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluesapphire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tape on wefts
    Posted: September 11 2006 at 11:27am
Has anyone heard of this "new method"?  I would like to try it out but wondered if anyone had any feedback before I spend my money.

I guess the wefts come with tape on them.  You remove the tape backing and lay flat on the part facing out, put a thin row of your own hair on top, get another tape weft and lay on top of that facing in and "sandwhich" together and wallah.

If you use their glue on the tape strip it's supposed to last several weeks.

sugarnspc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugarnspc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2007 at 4:36am
you can use just the tape and it lasts about a week, or you can add glue and it can last 3 months
purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2007 at 10:43pm
I do this system at my salon. It is also called seamless extensions. The longest I have seen my clients go is 8 weeks. This is using the glue & tape method. The oils in the hair start to make the tapes slip after so many weeks. Is is a safer method than most. How much are they charging?? We charge $600 to install...
flyppr2002 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyppr2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2008 at 7:46pm

i just had my seamless ones done a few days ago.

For some reason the tape wasn't on them so we backed them up to each other with hair in between and just used the glue. So far so good. I went to fantastic sams (of all places) and she only charged me $15 to put them in. (I usually get fusion but my girl is on maternity leave). I bought 2 bundles of hair in different shades (enough to do my thin hair 3x) for $170 or so.

These only took an hour and the hair feels great! Easier to comb & wash but more noticeable when pulled up.

Kimski
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic