Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who pays for the A/C? Mother-in-law vs. Us

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
thedotsons84899 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedotsons84899 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who pays for the A/C? Mother-in-law vs. Us
    Posted: September 18 2006 at 9:12pm
Okay, for those of you who read and replied to "Living with Mother-In-Law...."  We have all but decided mother-in-law (will be referred to as MIL from here on out)  can keep the house.  Since then, the A/C unit has gone out.  It is old and cannot be repaired, therefore, it has to be replaced...a $2.000 chunk out the old wallet...Anyways, here is the delima...who pays for the new a/c?  Sure, we live here, but we're giving her the house. that's what she wants...so, again who pays for the a/c.  I don't want to seem callous, but I have a hard time giving up the house, having to buy our own house, and paying for the a/c also.  I don't mind living with my MIL.  Originally, we were going to be in this house for atleast a year, so we could save enough to buy a house, then start the process of buying.   We'll be here atleast that long.  Mabey we should be paying fo the a/c...I just don't know what "the right thing" to do is...Any advice????

Edited by thedotsons84899 - September 18 2006 at 9:13pm
Tiffany
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic