Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

help please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aj136 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aj136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help please
    Posted: October 15 2006 at 3:00pm
Confused please help,

i dont know lately whats wrong with my hair it's breaking off. About a year ago i stopped colouring my hair at home and started getting it cut every 2 months and having it proffessionally highlighted, but it seems my hair has got worse,now it looks thin and fragile and wispy. should i go back to colouring it myself again also when she redoes it she runs the colour through the entire lenght of the hair is this normal, any help or disscussion appreciated Big%20smile
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2006 at 1:09pm
It sounds like your hair is just damaged to the breaking point.  Having the dye pulled through all of your hair will over time lead to damage, and usually isn't necessary, especially for blondes since they wash out or fade less (assuming you went blonde since you said highlighted).  You should have only the roots done.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
aj136 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aj136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2006 at 3:52pm
yeah tru .... what is hair oiling ? maybe i could do that  need to find a new hairdresser lol.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2006 at 9:28am
Oiling is when you put a small amount of oil in your hair after its washed and dried to moisturize it.  Usually jojoba or coconut is used, though some use olive oil.  You only use a little, for shoulderlength hair you may only need 1 or 2 drops, rubbed on the hair and brushed through to distribute - only from the ears down.  It should not make hair look greasy (if it does you used too much and you'll have to wear it up till you wash it again).  It will reduce frizz and increase shine.  Jojoba has been known to make the ends feel a little dry, even though it makes them look better, so if you're going to get a trim, you may not want to trim it until after you've washed again and haven't oiled, or you may be fooled into cutting too much off (this is the only negative thing about oiling - despite that it can make the ends feel dry, it is very good for hair and helps it tangle less).

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
aj136 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aj136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2006 at 10:08am
thank you Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic